Affordaplane - A-Plane

sseeker

I understand what you are saying, but I am really looking at a realistic average. I am pretty good with glass work and metal, but am really interested in seeing if it is worth the extra effort in both cost and weight to go with one over the other. After all, with a U/L, it really is all about the weight.

I would think that alloy sheet is the go- easy to get, easy to apply and adds a bit of strength. A winner allround.

What other mods are you thinking of?

I would do some actual suspension and definitely some brakes with larger wheels to overcome obstacles like ruts and rocks rather than tripping on them. Stunt Bmx wheels are very strong and often have a disc brake - so might be a great alternative.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I know most planes gain weight as time goes by....but 3 pages later the Affordaplane is now a sporting a streamlined metal skin, a Jet engine, retracts and guns to boot! 041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

• Haha 2

Hi Everyone,Anyone have any type of experience building/flying the 'A-Plane'? I'm extremely interested in building one as it seems like an appropriate build for someone with little aircraft building background but with an engineering background (Dad has!) to get started. It's a good price for someone starting out and as young as me - but then again you invest a good amount of money in an aircraft and the end product will be a safe and sexy aircraft! :big_grin:

I purchased the plans this afternoon, printed them and bound them into a book. I briefly read over the intro and getting started and it doesn't look overly mind boggling, my Dads work has a business account with an aluminium supplier in WA so I'll have to check if they have the correct grade tubing etc... Last off I can build it over time which should hopefully make the end result a lot more of a joy to fly. I'll have to take a good read of the RA-Aus Technical Manual on the running and maintenance of your own aircraft & do my research, but I thought I'd start here.

Anyone got any type of advice?

-Andrew

Would like to know how you went with the afforda plane?