Hi all

Hi

My name is Kevin and call home Masterton, New Zealand. I was an avionics technician in the RNZAF for eight years until 1991. Eventually got my PPL in 1999 with most of my time in Cessna, 150, 152 and 172's.

Currently scratch building a Zenith CH701. Early days and attaching the rudder skin at the moment. Its a slow process as I only get to work on it for a few days every three weeks due to my current FIFO job in Newman, Western Australia (13 days on, 8 off)

Looking forward to learning and meeting others here.

Safe and enjoyable flying.

Hi Kevin...welcome aboard! I am from Upper Hutt Originally but did my training as an Embalmer at Wairarapa Funeral Services in Masterton back in 1992. Keep the pictures coming of your build please!

Scotty :thumb_up:

G'Day Kevin

Welcome to the site

We are opening the new Recreational Flying NZ forums very soon now so all our friends across the ditch can also make this site their home

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. Small world Scotty. My mother used to work for the opposition David Dew :) I will post some pics soon. To HH - yes, I commute on the big bird with the kangaroo on the tail via Perth and Sydney/Melbourne to Wellington. Getting to know the crews pretty well now. One of the regular captains flys recreationally out of Masterton.

Hi Kevin...David Dew was my Embalming supervisor while I was doing my training. You may know my Cousin Ron Douglas. He was an Embalmer too at WFS but gone back to building again now I believe. Small world!

Scotty

Welcome Kiwiaviator,

You'll make a lot of good friends on this site, and it looks like some already have a connection.

Behave yourself, and have fun here. This world we live in, seems to really be a small place, co's you can bet your bottom dollar someone will find out, if you play up.

Kind regards

Planey

Looked at your website Scotty. Your Air Camper project looks really interesting and I will monitor your progress. Have been in the Pietenpol hanger at Oshkosh during Airventure in the mid nineties. There are a few hangers like that at the northern side of the airfield and they had workshops in them teaching people basic wood and metalworking techniques. I have been a bit slack on my website so will get it up to date with the latest pics and post it on my profile. I don't know Ron but will ask my wife and mother if they know him. I still see David occasionally when he drops into our engineering workshop. Regards Kev.