Flight Suits

Guest Sabre

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had an avenue to well priced flight suits (Cotton or Nomex).

The best I could find so far is priced around was $100 (Cotton) from W.A. and there are a few cotton and polyester suits on E-Bay as well.

I cooked myself like a lobster on the weekend....lol and need to cover up and still look good hehe...

Got One

Good old Ebay ........I just got myself a Nomex US Army surplus flight suit for US$48 which was about 60 Aus bucks....now lets hope I don't get ripped off in the process.....and it actually turns up...lol

cheers

644935735_Flightsuit.JPG.eac236d274f66998f95d26099df83a93.JPG

I'll let you know what the end product is like when it arrives......on another not I have been looking at helmets.......helicopter (rigged for civil aviation) ones look good but damn expensive

We have dri-riders. They are motor bike suits and are good because they

are designed for wind proofing and for inactivity whilst riding a bike. They are very warm and lightweight. For winter flying. We have had outs for 15 years.

Hey Sabre.

You got your summer flying suit (or at least, the commitment) and now you're gonna pull on a 'bone dome' to keep you cooking?? Depending on how high your requirements are, I have a brand new hard hat (with intercom & radio capabilities) that accompanied my recent Hummelbird purchase. The kicker is, I'm about 40 mm longer in the butt than what the closed canopy will accept with the cranium protection on my skull, ergo: no use to me. I'm not in a hurry to get rid of it so if you don't come up with something reasonably priced from your post give me a holler in a month or so.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest Fred Bear

I have a freezer suit type flying suit for the Drifter for the colder months (which I have not used yet) but I will be buying a lighter ex-military one this week for use in the summer months. You can get them at Army Disposal stores. Not too expensive either. Just a thought...:)

Guest Sabre

cheers....lol..I got mine. It fits my shoulders arms and legs .All great until I tried to zip it up...my bloody tummy is TOO big..damn. Now I have to start doing situps..lol

Guest Fred Bear

Well I just got the military style flight suit. They don't have them second hand anymore so it cost 80 bucks. No matter though. It has so many pockets that it will come in handy for mobile phone and other items whilst in the Drifter.

Guest Fred Bear

Dave,

They are at Smithfield mate and they have stacks of military stuff (new and ex). Awesome place! Emma could not get me out of there. Almost bought some flying goggles too! Not much else for flying though. Ian, maybe some flight suits or goggles for some of us part-time open air flyers would be an idea for the shop ;) Would have rather bought them from here if I could of. Here is a pic of Emma hiding behind the flight suit.

Guest sypkens

Darren,

in your video posted on myspace with Sunny I saw sunny was wearing a helmet. Do you know he get that from?

Jan

Guest Fred Bear

Jan,

I can find out for you. No problems at all. We both wear one and Sunny is kind enough to supply both. Will get back to you after the weekend (or sooner).