Flight Suits

Guest Sabre

Guest sypkens
Jan,I can find out for you. No problems at all. We both wear one and Sunny is kind enough to supply both. Will get back to you after the weekend (or sooner).

Thanks!;)

Flying Suits

Hi guys,Just wondering if anyone had an avenue to well priced flight suits (Cotton or Nomex).

The best I could find so far is priced around was $100 (Cotton) from W.A. and there are a few cotton and polyester suits on E-Bay as well.

I cooked myself like a lobster on the weekend....lol and need to cover up and still look good hehe...

My oppinion on this is save your money and buy yourself some decent layers. If you buy some good quality thermals and some over layers including a windstopper shell I think you would find this much more practical than strutting around looking like "The Michlin Man". With some good layers you can look as if you are dressed casually and be super warm even in the middle of winter when you do before sunrise starts and and the best thing you aren't hindered in your movements by bulk and as the weather warms up you just leave a few layers off.

Guest Sabre

Thanks S.Drifter but I'm nearly able to fit in my suit...lol....but you got to love all those pockets....

cheers

Guest Fred Bear

The pockets are handy that's for sure. Jan, I did ask Sunny about those helmets and he did tell me but I will still have to get back to you. I forgot. It's somewhere in Melbourne. I will write it down on the weekend.

Guest sypkens
The pockets are handy that's for sure. Jan, I did ask Sunny about those helmets and he did tell me but I will still have to get back to you. I forgot. It's somewhere in Melbourne. I will write it down on the weekend.

No worries. I also saw Ian said he is looking at sourcing helmets in the shop. I quite like the look of the helmet Sunny had on due to the fact that you can lift the "face plate"

Jan

I have a dri-rider suit, and never though of using it as a flight suite, there is no cab heating in the vampire.. and winters coming,

but what is a dri-riders fire resistance like?

I know dedicated flight suites meet certain fire resistance regulations... but what about dri-riders?