Fuselage 'Sock'

pudestcon

G'day,

I'm looking for a dacron fuselage sock for my T500 restoration project. It needs to be red in colour and in reasonable good condition. The one I have at the moment is borderline with some repairs that leave me dissatisfied. I really would like to talk to anybody that may be able to help me.

Cheers,

Pud

Guest Baphomet

I'm sure Wayne Fisher (drifter builder in Lismore) could make one using the old one as a template, as could any competant sailmaker.

Baphomet

Yeh thanks Baph,

There are lots of sailmakers down Freo way which is only 15 minutes from where I live so that's probably what I'll do. Just wanted to see first if anybody has one in their hangar not being used that they might want to part with.

Thanks again Baph.

Pud

G'day,

I took the fuselage sock to Taskers Sailmakers in Sparks Road Henderson south of Fremantle thinking I could get a good repair done. After talking with them I asked for a price to fabricate a new one, having been told previously that costs for a new sock run to about $800. They rang me today with a quote inclusive of GST for $460 so I told them to go ahead. It's a small price to pay I reckon to have a fuselage sock that will last for many years to come vs a sock with doubtful life - plus I like the SANF not wondering when it might let go.

The guy I spoke with there also said he had a full set of skins (wings, ailerons and tail empennage) for $5,500 if anyone is interested - all just one colour, red!

Cheers,

Pud