P92 Tyre Pressure (PSI)

Guest bateo

G'day guys,

I recently encountered a flat tyre on landing, having not found a real answer to what PSI goes into the tyres in the manual, I am wondering what PSI Tecnam owners run in their tyres....??

Your help is appreciated..

sam,

our flight manual for the tecnam says 1.4 bar for the mains and 1 bar for the front.

i cant really recall the psi we use off the top of my head but think it mite be 22 for the mains and 18 for the front. maybe???

Tristo

Sam,

Tristo is close with the pressures. If you put ' convert 1.4 bar to psi ' into Google search it comes up with the answers. 1.4 bar is 20 psi and 1 bar is 14.5 psi

Thanks Tristo,

I put 21 in the sides and 19 in the front so I wasnt too far out... I'll fix it up this afternoon

Thanks for that conversion Case, I was unsure of the 1.4 in the manual.

• 2 years later...

Just joining in the forum for the first time, would this also apply to the ultralight version with the small wheels?

I am the new guy on the block with a P92 echo ultralight in the U.K. very green yet on all aspects of the plane.

Thanks.

Roly

• 3 weeks later...

re P92 Echo brake pads.

Thanks Bruce for your reply re the pressures for the Ultralight P92.

my Brake pads are getting a bit low now and I am wondering if anyone knows what they are off.

A friend here with a Tecnam says they have to come from Italy.

Any possible equivalent?

Also does anyone know what the rotor arms are off. Mine just say made in Japan, but guess they must be of a Japanese car.

They are a bit sloppy in the distributor .

Thanks.

Roly

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bateo

Roly,

There is another thread on here somewhere about the brake pads. Your friend is right, as far as I am aware there is no equivalent alternative. I just recently picked up a set from Italy. They do hold their wear quite well, but can become quite costly. I am sure the process would be a bit quicker and cheaper being in the UK though.