Gibraltar Airport

Tomo

I was fortunate enough to be at my Uncles place the other night, and he had Austar so we watched the 10 most unique airports (or what ever it was called) on the History channel. Was very interesting!

Gibraltar was pretty cool I thought - got a highway running smack through the middle of the runway.

Heres a picture I found off someone from Google images.

Some of those pics have been doing the rounds via email, strange setup, imagine going to Mr CASA and saying - "I've got this great new location for an airport, we'll just have to put traffic lights and maybe a set of boomgates on the M1!"

As someone said the other day, we accept all kinds of weird things just because they are familiar and established, they reckoned that asprin would never have been approved as a medicine if it were discovered today. The example of the modern motor vehicle was also mentioned - 1-2 ton projectiles with a combined speed of 220km/h, passing within 1/2 a metre of each other at times and controlled by minimally trained operators, a percentage of whom will be drug affected, fatigued, ill or suffering PMS at any one time.:ah_oh:

One of my daughters lived on Gib for a couple of years and had to get used to the traffic hold ups when ever she wanted to go across to Spain for major shopping trips. Another of my daughters is currently there looking for a place to buy and convert into a bar/restaurant. Maybe, one day, I'll go there as well, just to visit though. Can you imagine them closing the road for a Jabbie to take off :-))