Skyfox CA 25 wanted

Mike S

I'm looking to purchase a CA 25 Skyfox - anybody out there got one they are interetsed in selling? Condition is not too important as I'm happy to repair - but I don't particularly want a crashed one.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I'm looking to purchase a CA 25 Skyfox - anybody out there got one they are interetsed in selling? Condition is not too important as I'm happy to repair - but I don't particularly want a crashed one.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Check out the classifieds Mike.

There is one available at Bindoon in WA

Pud.

Hi Mike,

I think you'll find that's a CA25, except the CA25 is tailwheel and the CA25N is nosewheel. Although I'm not an expert when it comes to Skyfox aircraft, there might be some other things you can tell the difference between. I thought the CA22 had the counter clockwise rotation from the cockpit?

-Andrew

CA 21 was Aeropower powered Tail wheel, CA 22 Rotax Powered Tail wheel and CA 25N Gazelle nose wheel. There was qty 10 CA 25 Tail wheel.

Ps- have a good look for corrosion, it the tubing since these a/c are getting old.Especialy check the Aileron hangers, for rot, as they are made of timber.

55-3845 Skyfox Aviation Skyfox Ca25 19/12/2002 - My schools Skyfox and I can confirm it's tailwheel. (I have photos if you want them)

24-3957 Skyfox Aviation Gazelle Ca25n 7/08/2003 - My schools Skyfox Gazelle (nosewheel)

(The above information was extracted from the RA-Aus registration number sequence.)

-Andrew

Hi Guys - well thanks for all the information! I was aware that the CA25 was a taildragger but not aware that there were only two made - Is that absolutely true?

'Cauae I wanted a TG.

I am aware of the aileron issue - they should have been dealt with under the AD's issued - but - who knows ?

Any more leads on CA25's available?

024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• Agree 1

Hi Guys - well thanks for all the information! I was aware that the CA25 was a taildragger but not aware that there were only two made - Is that absolutely true?'Cauae I wanted a TG.

I am aware of the aileron issue - they should have been dealt with under the AD's issued - but - who knows ?

Any more leads on CA25's available?

024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hi Mike i doubled checked, there was ten made, Sorry for the incorrect Info:loopy:.A couple went overseas.One crashed.Go to www.qam.com.au all the information is there that your after.Cheers

Hi Metalman, the reason for the specifics is as you say i) Increase in MTOW and I want the taildragger - I want to use it personally but also want it to cross hire to my flyng school and the increase in MTOW gives me wider capacity in terms of travel in it etc!

- and I can't afford close to $100G's for a Eurofox or Foxbat or Carbon Cub - which are the next available! Simple really!

Hi Mike

You can get the full history of the Skyfox and the history of all built under a google seach. Calair etc. Its a good read.

In September I bought a tail wheel skyfox 21-637 was at one stage 21-606. It has not been flown since November 2004.

It got signed off on Sunday. As I live in Mackay the airfield is too wet due to heavy rain we got over the last week so should have her in the air soon.

If your getting a tail wheel version of the 25 Gazelle let me know and I'll pass on all the info I have learnt and reseached.

Re the hangers, yes they are ply and need to be throughly assessed regarding water / dry rot damage. You can get alloy hangers fitted for a price. There is infor on the 'Gympie Aircraft Maintenance' web site.

Get in contact if you have any questions.

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information - I have been looking for a TD Skyfox for the best part of this year - only realising recently that I needed the CA25 model - have a lot of info - AD's required etc on them and dowloaded the historical information from the Queensland Air museum that I was given by Dazza 38 yesterday. Know about the hangers - I believe theres' also one about drain holes in the Ailerons to let them loose the water they soak up if wet!

Thanks for the offer of info. etc I will definitely keep it in mind!

Mike S 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Hi mike, there was/is one as you have mentioned on the aileron, having holes drilled in them, to let the water escape.From memory is was for a couple of reasons, one corrosion issues and two. Weight imbalance between ailerons, due to water ingress.With the aileron hangers, i think for memory, you squeeze the hanger between your fingers, and check for softness of the timber.Its in the AD that you can find at RAA website.

• 1 month later...

Hi Andrew,

I've just been checking this series of bloggs and re read yours again. When you say 'your school's' - do you mean you own it & the school or that its the school you fly out of?

I was after the CA25 taildragger not the Gazelle - so were you saying that the Skyfox that I was told was a CA22 for sale was in fact a CA25 ?

Still looking for one,

Mike.

Hi Mike,

My school owns a C25 (taildragger) and a CA25N (Gazelle) the aircraft for sale at Bindoon is a CA25 (taildragger) as far as I'm aware. I'm gonna be at Bindoon this weekend, if you want me to check for you.

EDIT: In fact, if the plane advertised has a Rotax 912 in it like the ad says then it must be a CA25 because the CA22 has a anti-clockwise prop rotation (from the cockpit) and a different engine I'm pretty sure.

Regards,

Andrew

The CA21 had a Aeropower (Vw engine) so from the cockpit it rotated anti-clock wise. The CA 22 had 912 80HP, which is the normal Clockwise rotation looking from the cockpit. I beleive.Well 55-757 I flew was a CA22 with a 912 Rotax with the common clock wise rotation from the cockpit.

Hi Mike,I was wrong, the Skyfox at Bindoon is infact a CA22. Apparently you won't have much luck finding a CA25 though.

-Andrew

How did you go today Andrew? I visited Bindoon this morning and left at 11.15 am. Spoke with Gary who said you were flying in the afternoon.

Also spoke with Jack - he's excited about his new aircraft arriving this week. It's a nice setup at Bindoon with 30 odd hangars.

Pud