Aus PPL in the UK

DarkSarcasm

Hi all,

I heard that an Australian PPL is valid in the UK, and you don't need to convert to a UK PPL, is that true?

Earlier this week I emailed a UK aero club who said that an Australian PPL is not valid in the UK and there would be further checkout requirements but I seem to remember being shown an official UK website (perhaps their version of CASA?) which said that it was valid so now I'm thoroughly confused. i_dunno

Does anyone know?

Darky, this is the CAA website link that I gave to you previously.

FAQ Answer | Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation

Should've asked me a couple of weeks ago when we had a few UK CAA FOIs visiting.

Send them an email if you like but that webpage seems quite clear to me (thats one good thing about the UK CAA - the rules all hang together and written in plain english).

Darky, the UK forums will be opening in about a week so. Having NZ, UK, US and Canada forum sites where users can go between them with questions like this I hope will provide a greater range of resources for help and support for all users of all the sites. Last night the import to the NZ was completed and later today will be ready for a stress test on the new server. If all goes well it will open tomorrow then the other sites will be done