A visit to Jaibru possible?

Jack Tyler

We'll be back in the Brisbane area early in the new year and I'm hoping that some of our local traveling will include a drive up to Bundaberg. Since Jabiru is located there, a Bundy visit would ideally include a Jabiru visit...so I'd welcome being coached on how that is arranged. Certain days of the week, or time of day preferred by the Jab folks? And is a visit in any sense 'structured' - I'm wondering what we should expect. It would be helpful to have a sense for what amount of time we should allow (it will be our first chance to see their aircraft).

All coaching welcome...

Jack

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Jack,

This should not be a problem at all. Rod is aways most helpful in showing people around. We went up there earlier in the year and were alowed to wonder around at our lesure and without restrictions at all. We did however not see the engine manufacturing plant. I'm told that this is also no problem though. All I can say is that it was most impressive and more than worth a visit. All you will need to do is to Give Rod a call and I'm sure he will acomodate all your wishes.

have a great day

Walter

Me too

I'm a Kiwi and was returning from China in 07 with a detour to Bundy. I rode the tilt train up from Brisbane. Where else could you collect a tilt train for your "been there done that" portfolio?

I had been in touch to ask about a visit and was a bit surprised when Rod turned up as my guide. I guess it's the sort of thing the staff encourage to get the boss off their backs :-) Anyway it was very pleasant - nothing was too much bother - and I found it all good stuff.

Cheers IB

Jack

Anything is possible. The Jabiru Factory is at the airport and a quick phone call to them would be able to secure a time to show you around. They are very accommodating in this aspect. The engines are made at Camit which is an engineering firm in bundy on the East side of town right near the Bundy Rum Factory. This would top off the day to go thru the rum distillery after visiting the Engine shop and Jabiru. I live in Bundy and if i'm in town when you are coming i would be pleased to show you around.

Andrew

• 3 months later...