Anyone Seen this Sapphire around ????

mechfx

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry can`t help with the question but seeing the Saphire reminded me of the time when a guy in a white Saphire landed on my strip.

He`d flown it up from Brisbane to attend to some buisness in Cairns, then flew it back.

I was impressed.

Frank.

Guest Toally87

looks nice,

haven't seen that one but i know there's one siting in townsville that i've never seen anyone touch in my two years in townsville. seen a few but never seen one in the air.

Toally

• 6 years later...

Hi Guys thought Id let you Know.A mate and I purchased Saphire 19-3594 from Benigo at Christmas ,Rebuilt the engine did the 100 hr and flew it home to Darwin 32 hours in the air over four days travelling I carried the fuel and Tim did the flying,We must say one of the best designed and built RAA planes ever,84 knt cruise @ 6 liters per hours from a 477 Rotax,

• Agree 1

.A mate and I purchased Saphire 19-3594 from Benigo at Christmas

Ah! Benigo - one of the principals of the famous Tel Aviv aircraft sales consultancy firm of Shadrach, Meshach and a Benigo.

• Haha 1

Its been a very long time since i flew a Sapphire, but very light on the controls, and also extremely light in pitch, but can get used to it, also very slippery, pull back the power and you wont be slowing down in a hurry. so you have to plan your approaches.