Hi from Western Qld

I happily found this site while doing a random search. I fly a Terrier 200 at present with 200 hours to my name in it, and have a Sonerai 2L in my shed waiting to find time to fit the new engine. Had an engine out in April in the Terrier, which ended in a 'nearly' textbook forced landing in a paddock just south of Burketown. The Terrier is far from perfect, but I bought it beacause of the strenght I had percieved in the landing gear, not ever planning to prove its strength... But I did and I proved my perception was correct.

I am looking for dicussions on my two planes, the Foxcon Terrier 200 and the Sonerai 2L

Cheers

Lyle

Longreach Qld

Guest davidh10
098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the Recreational Flying forums Lyall. You'll find lots of friendly people on here and hopefully some other Terrier owners with whom to swap notes and experiences. There's a great many members and quite a number of active ones who post or reply to other posts frequently. You may also be able to find useful information just by searching the site. Googling was how I discovered this site when researching info for my BAK, now about a year ago.

Welcome Lyle,

I spent some years in Longreach - so if you've been there for at least 10 years then I suspect I know you - the Lyle I knew was into IT, bought the Sonerai from down south and flew it in the Outback Air Race Charleville to Roma. Otherwise, Welcome Lyle!

Sue

• 3 months later...
Guest RSPower

Hi Lyle

I'm from New Zealand and have owned a Terrier for a little over 2 years. I bought it with 65 hours on it and have now just gone past 330. Last April I flew it around NZ in the Air Safari 2010 with about 65 other aircraft. What was the cause of your engine out?

Regards

Robert

• 10 months later...
I happily found this site while doing a random search. I fly a Terrier 200 at present with 200 hours to my name in it, and have a Sonerai 2L in my shed waiting to find time to fit the new engine. Had an engine out in April in the Terrier, which ended in a 'nearly' textbook forced landing in a paddock just south of Burketown. The Terrier is far from perfect, but I bought it beacause of the strenght I had percieved in the landing gear, not ever planning to prove its strength... But I did and I proved my perception was correct.I am looking for dicussions on my two planes, the Foxcon Terrier 200 and the Sonerai 2L

Cheers

Lyle

Longreach Qld

Hi Lyle,

I've just bought a Sonerai 2L - live in Central West NSW - I know its been some time but have you got your engine in yours yet? I've got Jabbi 2200 in mine - flies well and I'm looking for places to visit!

Mike S.

Hi Alan,

The wonders of 'Photoshop'...quickly created a composite of what it shoud look like ..without the wheelbarrow wheel at the front..

Now In my opinion... it makes an already good lookong plane look better.

Just read about the Technam...about how the world is lacking 'new' taildraggers

Cheers

Lyle

Hi Alan

Have already spoken with Gary (last year) as to a certified S200 taildragger.

I actually contacted him about a trigear... but after reading the paperwork, when he rang me personally to check if I had the details he sent, he confirmed the taildragger was certified...

No other choice of how mine would be sitting on the ground necessary.

When it get closer to ordering I will work out the finer specs I want in it, but it will have a Rotax with a CS prop and the extra wing tanks

Hopefully, it should wheel on and then, as you advised me, the long tapered nose should not be too much of a concern

I was playing with a 'paint' program and had the thought of 'what would the S200 look like' and so evolved the avitar..

Have my Terrier parked in my driveway now doing a refurbish (ie make it pretty), before it goes on the market

Cheers Lyle