Started the Couger

Sloper

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've fitted the RC Allen trim servo and moveable tab (complete with rocker switch and LED position indicator) to my Sierra project. I've flown a Cheetah with the exact same trim system and the fore/aft authority is excellent.

• 1 month later...

Just read thru your entire thread, Bruce, Very impressed with your workmanship and innovations. I too have spent years stuck in the shed building and learned that it's easy to neglect the most important component of all: your flying skills. Are you keeping your hours up, especially in a similar aircraft?

Not flying as much as l want but am keeping my skills ok.

Next flight is a check flight.

Medical due next month and shhhh l am turning 50

regards Bruce

Yes l know the gearing is too high in the sketch.Electric hmmm, maybe.

regards Bruce

All you'd need to do is make the cable reel smaller ( a lot) than the handwheel, it's simple & reliable.

Bloody hell , That's why I don't believe I can build an aeroplane , There's just not enough time left (70 next birthday)

Of course there is. 5 years to build at the most, and at least 10 to enjoy your labours. At 72 I'm just waiting on my inheritance (mum's a healthy 96yo) and then it's all stops out to build one of my creations.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goodaye all

After being told to get your affairs in order and expect the worse, l am un grounded.

All the tests showed a aggressive form of the big C, but after 3 failed biopsys and a 4th successful l have a treatable disease.

May or may not worry me in the future.

So l will be finishing the Couger and flying it.093_celebrate.gif.b819cda4acf84f8ea794b849a8b7287c.gif

regards Bruce

• Like 11
  • Winner 8

Guest Maj Millard

Good news Sloper, I'm very happy to hear that. I have a good friend here fighting lung cancer ( never smoked in his life !) I told him to keep flying which he has. He's always out between bouts of chemo when he's got the strength, and it is just great to see as he's always a happier man afterwards.

I think I'd be doing the same, and I hope you can also. cheers, Maj......