Newbie Hopeful

RTDavis

Hello all,

I am a new member of this Forum & have been trolling through the various posts with interest.

I am currrently a non-flier but would like to change that status sometime in the future.

Perhaps I can feel a mid-life crisis coming on.

Does anyone have an opinion regarding the "Come & Experience Flying" type packages available at various Aero Clubs?

And which Clubs offer the best packages?

I live in the western suburbs of Brisbane.

Regards,

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the site.

Flying is like a Chinese finger trap. It takes a little courage to get into it, and then you find you are stuck and can't pull out!

I can't help you with the fly experience, but can tell you that once you start, you will become addicted to it.

Stanzahero.

Guest Toally87

Richard,

Western suburds of brissie has alot of oppurtunities, make it you new years resolution to get flying, it's not all that expensive.

Just be forewarned as stanzahero said once you start it's very addictive.

There's boonah, watts bridge, clifton, warwick, dalby lots of choices. pick up a copy of the RAAus magazine, with a listing of schools in it is not a bad read. There's also the Recreational aviation australia website.

Take care and Welcome,

Toally

Surely you guys from that area can offer Richard a few flights that he's obviously hoping for. Come on some one, give him a Xmas present or two.

Welcome Richard, don't let your dream die. DO IT.

Hi Richard.I'm at Carseldine and yes there are plenty of air fields/clubs and schools within relatively easy reach. There is of course Redcliff but if I were you I would talk to the Boonah folk first. It is a fair way out but they have some friendly guys out there. Regards and best wishes .William de Riecroft (fireproof)

Redcliffe has two schools that I know of. Depends on where you live.

To diectly answer your question those packages, if they are a Trial Introductory Flight or TIF, are worth it as it gives you a taste of handling the controls with less expense than a full lesson. On the other hand if you know you are going to give this a go anyway, just book a lesson and go for it. The first lesson will not necessarily be an indicator of the experience to come, so sometimes you just have to jump in.

A TIF will give you an intro, let you fly a bit, and give you a nice scenic view at the same time.