gyro beach runs

fly_tornado

nice looking jungle

Note from moderator: Recreational Flying does not in any way condone the actions of the pilot in this video clip and does not support the posting of video clips depicting illegal flying actions. There are numerous clear problems with this video. In the interests of safe flying, can anyone outline the issues this clip highlights? If we cannot learn from this clip, it will be deleted from Recreational Flying.

Guest Tsemler

The gyro one isn't from Australia. Tho it would appear that

Is... you can see a partial rego is some shots, where? Gold Coast? check out his other video.

The gyro one isn't from Australia. Tho it would appear that

Yep, Heck Field, out to Jumpinpin and landing on either N or S Stradbroke. Wouldn't take too much detective work to figure out the aircraft either - man obviously didn't read Ultralights rules for youtube posting.

you'll never see a gyro lad breakin rules/regs............we do things to the letter.

Role models...........we is. 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif025_blush.gif.8e2ecc192cc98853ac4370dddcd7cf74.gif......( geeeez russ, wash ya mouth out with soap)

David, additionally you must hold the RA-Aus endorsement and the aircraft must be registered under CAO 95.55 or CAO 95.32. According to the ops manual any other type is not allowed below 500ft unless taking off or landing.

-Andrew

Guest Maj Millard

My past Drifter was 25 registered, and it predated any low-level endorsments now in place. Some of the best, fun, and most skillfull flying I've ever done ! We were of course on landing approach to the beach at the time obviously........................................Maj...

Guest Maj Millard

Destiny Flyer, Please go and get a low level endorsement (you say it's on your wish list), then come back after you have actually experienced a bit, and I'll happily take up the discussion again, when you are familiar with the skills involved...............................................Maj...

David, sorry I must have missed that post. The operations manual doesn't permit 95.10 aircraft below 500ft as far as I can see, my manual says 95.55 and 95.32 only. Has it been updated?

-Andrew

David, thanks for pointing that out however the RA-Aus operations manual says,

Section 2.01 RA-Aus Ops Manual:

"No person shall operate an RA-Aus registered aircraft below 500ft AGL unless:

a. The aircraft is operated to the requirements set out in CAO 95.55, 95.32, Section 6.2 or relevant legislation as amended from time to time, and

b. Holding an RA-Aus Low Level Endorsement, or

c. Provide written proof to the operations manager of an RA-Aus recognised equivalent."

So that is an overall rule that all RA-Aus pilots must follow. This law stuff often confuses me so I may be missing something here but it doesn't say 95.10 there. So unless it's mentioned somewhere in section 6.2 it's not allowed. 95.10 aircraft do not comply with CAO 95.55 or 95.32 (as far as I'm aware) therefore they cannot be operated below 500ft fullstop.

-Andrew

Sorry I'm an idiot! LOL just read your post David. Sorry makes sense now! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif RA-Aus could be more specific in saying "Section 6.2 of CAO 95.10" and then it says that you need a low level endorsement.

-Andrew

David, so basically any RA-Aus registered aeroplane can be operated below 500ft, only with a low level endorsement or proof of prior training/experience (when it was legal) and must comply with section 6.2

-Andrew

just to really throw the cat amoungst the pigueons have a look at these;

These was filmed all over his own property, so there is no legal problems :)

The only ones allowed to this is me and him so no traffic probs either:)