Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

Ian, what stage are you at with the site problem at Social Australia? It's been nearly 4 days since the site screwed up, it'd be handy to have an update. Thanks.

Edited by onetrack

16 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Same, and when I disable javascript (on Firefox 104.0.1 (64 bit), the connection to socialaustralia.com.au times out.

@willedoo - am reading your posts to socialaus; appreviate them but can't respond either way...  so here's a 👍 for them.

There might be a difference there with versions. I've got Firefox 100.0.1 and haven't had a problem with it timing out. It's easy enough for me as I have an add on Javascript switcher on the toolbar, so I can click a widget instead of going into settings to disable Javacript. It's handy for accessing some paywalled sites.

• Informative 2

I normally use Brave browser (no tracking) but also have Chrome insalled. Disabled JavaScript in Chrome which allows me to post text, but the option to upload files is missing.

• Informative 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ian,

I am trying to access the FAA Far Part 103 group and get this. Sent msg to contact but it seems you must not get it?

Cheers,

Jackc

Something went wrong. Please try again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @jackc I think I have fixed the group for you now...please check

When creating a group you need to add features such as Topics (a forum) etc from the drop down button titles Manage Group

• Informative 2

7 hours ago, Admin said:

Hi @jackc I think I have fixed the group for you now...please check

When creating a group you need to add features such as Topics (a forum) etc from the drop down button titles Manage Group

Thanks mucho Ian for the fix……will test it 🙂 

• 2 months later...
On 30/08/2022 at 5:00 PM, red750 said:

Some threads are showing up as Unread, when I have read them. My "Whats New" is set to show unread items in bold, read items in faint. I click on a bold item and have read the most recent post. Not all, just occasionally. One such is the Crazy Crosswind Landings thread. 

Still having this problem occasionally. I have read Onetracks post on the Argon GTL thread five times, but it still come up as Unread.

• Informative 1

Not so much a problem as a preference. I'm not keen on the new format of the Forums option. The old format like on Social Australia is much better.

• Informative 1

• 4 weeks later...

To expand on my previous post in this topic, I wish to post a topic in the Site Announcements forum ( a brief 'how to' post). If someone comes looking for this post in a few months, and selects Site Announcements from the forum list on the right, they will get a list of all threads, basically a repeat of Whats New All. The listing should be restricted to threads in the selected forum.

• Informative 1

Formatting has gone weird. There is a large gap at the top and the side menu (on the left for me) has reduced to 10 characters wide. Seems to have reverted to an old 4 : 3 screen size from 16 "9 for the posts.

• Agree 1

The Forums option appears to be fine now. I don't know whether I didn't go the full length and clear all the checked boxes before, there's a damned long list, but now I have that under control, it's easier to find what I want.

• 2 weeks later...