Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

• 3 weeks later...

I just added the photo "Essendon 1939" in Gallery/Other Photos. I selected Media/Gallery to view it. I selected Other Photos and NO images showed up. The category menu says there should be 94. I checked Page 2 and photos appeared, not as thumbnails, but as full page enlargements. Then I went back to page 1, and my photo, and others were displayed full page.

The same occurred in other categories.

• 1 month later...

I think it's the same problem - the what's new page is very large, and the ipad scales it to fit so the text ends up very small.

Is it fixed now...if it is then unfortunately you will have to put up with all the location marker updates in the What's New page. This will last for another day or so. If you want to see yesterday's posts etc then you will have to scroll through all the pages of location pin updates. Sorry

Ian, I'd like to add my thanks for all your efforts in making the site work as well as it does.

One small problem I'm having (and it may be just my ignorance) occurs when I want to quote a post from a previous page in a reply I'm working on in the current page.  If I hit the "Quote" button on that earlier page it opens up a new text box for me at the bottom of that page.  Whereas I'm wanting the quote to appear in my new post on the current page.  I have tried, in the past, to use work-arounds, such as linking to that earlier post instead or just making my own copy-and-paste quote with due attribution.  But these solutions sacrifice some of the best aspects of the "Quote" feature.  Any ideas?

Edited by Garfly

The way to multi quote posts from any of the previous pages, like I have done below, is to click the + sign next to the quote link in each post. When you do that you will see a little box appear on the screen showing the number of posts you are quoting and can insert them all into one new post

On 26/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, onetrack said:

So Marty was locked out, because Tasmania is outside Australia?? :cheezy grin:

On 03/02/2023 at 5:12 PM, facthunter said:

Same for  me. "off topic" is normal  Nev

22 minutes ago, Garfly said:

Ian, I'd like to add my thanks for all your efforts in making the site work as well as it does.

One small problem I'm having (and it may be just my ignorance) occurs when I want to quote a post from a previous page in a reply I'm working on in the current page.  If I hit the "Quote" button on that earlier page it opens up a new text box for me at the bottom of that page.  Whereas I'm wanting the quote to appear in my new post on the current page.  I have tried, in the past, to use work-arounds, such as linking to that earlier post instead or just making my own copy-and-paste quote with due attribution.  But these solutions sacrifice some of the best aspects of the "Quote" feature.  Any ideas?

Also note that when you quote a post on a previous page and it opens a new post box at the bottom of that page, when you click submit it will still add your post at the bottom of the last page anyway

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Also note that the multi quote function as described above also works for quoting posts from any other threads on the site into one new post in a different thread

• Informative 2
  • Winner 1

• 2 months later...

It wasn't a hack per say as no information was retrieved i.e. the database was not accessed due to the security the site has and even if it was then remember ALL passwords have one way encryption which is why I don't even have access to your password

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 2

• 3 months later...