Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

OK - Mail is arriving at the  new address.  The new address is a Me.com and the old is on G-Mail servers - so maybe there might be something you should look into for that!  By that I mean, maybe Google has something restricted from your IP or the like.

Anyways... all good for me now.

Cheers

J

(Regarding comments made in a thread in the Articles section - Admin)

It is the story that is interesting irrespective how old the story is...don't you think

That's true, but the What's New selection is being cluttered by so much peripheral information that the forum itself is becoming hard to follow and conversations are tailing off.   History will be interesting to some people, photos will be interesting to some people, classified ads will be interesting to some people, map pins will be interesting to some people, and even personal blogs will be interesting to some people, but the forum items are what make this site stand out from others.

The site is trying to be a single repository of all types of information and interesting reading in recreational aviation rather than just a pseudo Facebook group. So with this in mind the challenge is to provide something for everyone whilst trying to satisfy every individuals needs in the way this is presented and accessed. The other important thing is to be able to at the same time let all users know everything that IS available right here for them so they don't miss out.

The Whats New Section is all about letting everyone know what is new on the site and give them access to those new entries whilst at the same time giving them the option of going to the new entry OR NOT going to the new entry. I believe I have created a scenario that should please just about everyone. As mentioned several times before users have the option of creating their very own Whats New page, select what types of site components they want displayed and then set that as their own default Whats New Page...if they just want Forum Posts, they can do that, if they want everything except for new entries on Aviation People, they can do that also and if they want anything in between, they can do that, plus they can even have new entries displayed condensed or expanded, they can even do that.

To create your own Whats New Page click "My Activity Stream" from the sub menu then "Create New Stream", create your new stream, give it a title and save it. When seeing the results simply click the Tick next to the stream title and the stream will then be your default Whats New...it's very simple.

BUT, give a thought to what you may just miss out on tomorrow, or the next day, next week etc

Oh, and also please note that I am trying to catch up on migrating the old site to this new software and there is so much information, entries, records etc that need to be moved across or rearranged so they come up in the Whats New. Also there are many more new sections of the site that all need to get populated with initial content. Every day I am trying to do:

2 x Articles

2 x Videos

2 x Tutorials

Plus clean up things, create/populate new sources of information for everyone and more

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a simple way to look up your own post history? If I'm trying to find a thread I posted in, in most forums I can just go to my own profile and find a list of all posts I made. But as far as I can tell, the nearest to doing it here is a list that has every post on all threads I've been involved in. That is, every post of everyone. Which means if the very last thread I've posted in is really popular, there could be pages of other people's posts on the same thread listed before I even come across the next thread I've posted in, which might also have pages of  other people's posts on THAT thread. 

Hi Admin, thanks again for all the effort you put in here.

I would like to see the 'Ignore Member' function work both ways, like Facebook does in that If I block someone, I can't see their posts, and I don't want them to see mine.

Is it possible, or is there a reason that it's the way it is?

Thanks,

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I moved the Aircraft menu item back to the main menu for the time being...I still have not finished populating the other sections yet to start on building up the Reference Section

• Like 1

Is there a simple way to look up your own post history? If I'm trying to find a thread I posted in, in most forums I can just go to my own profile and find a list of all posts I made. But as far as I can tell, the nearest to doing it here is a list that has every post on all threads I've been involved in. That is, every post of everyone. Which means if the very last thread I've posted in is really popular, there could be pages of other people's posts on the same thread listed before I even come across the next thread I've posted in, which might also have pages of  other people's posts on THAT thread. 

Any thoughts on this?

How do I access my forum settings?

Click on your avatar at the top of the menu and from the popout click one of the options there like "Account Settings"

I don't seem to be able to upload a picture in a PM message?

There is a URL link option.

The ability to upload attachments along with many other extra features are only available to First Class Members as they help to support the site...sorry about that...you could become a First Class Member if you like

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A problem with WUA. My default stream is What's New (All), Condensed. When I select Off Topic from this site,  I get What's New (Unread). and often Expanded.

This one is with this site. I am unable to locate how to stop emails. I could do it  before a number of software changes. It appears that I must select the no email option for each topic individually. I receive so many emails - this list from 5 pm yesterday to midday today. (The rest are spam).

665741336_RFemails.JPG.df26b2f1d3347eda00115834adfe9cfb.JPG

I spend an inordinate amount of time deleting emails, which I don't need, as I am on What's New (All) almost every day. I have resolved the problem on WUA, but not here. Usually I can work out these problems and help others with them, but this one has me beat.

• Like 1