Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

Wot's going on??

Now when I have selected "Condensed", I still get "Expanded", even after closing down and re-opening.

[ATTACH]42825[/ATTACH]

I am looking into it, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the Condensed View and the Expanded View, interestingly it is also the same on the IPS company forums site so it isn't isolated to just here or just one PC. I have reported it and will advise

Thanks Ian. And the other problem about the default option What's New (All) not coming up automatically, this may be related to the above problem. 

Thanks Ian. And the other problem about the default option What's New (All) not coming up automatically, this may be related to the above problem. 

It seems others are having the same issue...I am calling it the Y2K20 Bug as they are saying ever since it clicked over to 2020

• Haha 1

Sorry, Ian. I'm still having the same problem with Condensed/Expanded, on both Brave browser and Chrome. Click on Condensed and you still get Expanded.

This one is with this site. I am unable to locate how to stop emails. I could do it  before a number of software changes. It appears that I must select the no email option for each topic individually. I receive so many emails - this list from 5 pm yesterday to midday today. (The rest are spam).

[ATTACH]42737[/ATTACH]

I spend an inordinate amount of time deleting emails, which I don't need, as I am on What's New (All) almost every day. I have resolved the problem on WUA, but not here. Usually I can work out these problems and help others with them, but this one has me beat.

This is what I have to do EVERYTIME I post on a thread for the first time. 

Screenshot_20200104-170410.thumb.png.797c2e3613ed4e0f708003d5162002bd.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ian I can't log on to the new update on my laptop running W10. My phone has logged on as per normal .

Bernie .

Bernie, try clearing cookies and cache of the site on your laptop

The edit function just came up om my recent post, why does it not stay there? Is there a limited time that you can edit after posting?

Yes, for a general user it is 15mins...this is so that any posts that reply to your post remains relevant otherwise you could say something, change it and the following post(s) don't make sense

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi Ian, maybe only my iPad but as I read whats new and go back after each reading the message does not clear. I have to resell them unread ..

Keep up the good work though. I think at times you are chasing an unnecessary perfection.

• Like 1

Hi Ian, maybe only my iPad but as I read whats new and go back after each reading the message does not clear. I have to resell them unread ..

Keep up the good work though. I think at times you are chasing an unnecessary perfection.

No you don't need to do that...if you are on whats new and click a new post, you will be taken to it. If you then click the Back button on your browser you will go back to the whats new page as it was before you went to the new post i.e. the new post is still showing as being unread. It has been marked as being read but as you are going back your browser shows you the same page that you previously viewed.

If you then clicked on Whats new again or page refresh, the page refreshes and you will see the post you read has gone from the list. This is one thing that is very different between the XF software and the IPS software