Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

Hi Ian,

I'm noticing 2 problems - first, went to "like" a post this morning and it comes up with the "oops - we ran into a problem - page cannot be found" error.

Second, whenever I go to Recreational Flying it makes me log in, despite having the "stay logged in" option checked.

Thanks!

Cheers, Marty

Not a biggie but "What's new (all)" threads are not in chronological order based on latest post. "What's new (unread)" are in chronological order as are posts in "Latest activity". I noticed this yesterday when posting and the thread stayed way down in the list but did appear at the top in unread.

My default is Whats New (All) and all the posts are in chronolgical order, read and unread. The unread posts may appear down the page if I have read more recent ones.

My default is Whats New (All) and all the posts are in chronolgical order, read and unread. The unread posts may appear down the page if I have read more recent ones.

Worked it out. The What's new page URL I saved yesterday has changed with .../2804/. Yesterday it was .../86/. Both work but .../2804/ is in chronological order.

Edited by kgwilson

I cannot perform a search, I get a notice about cookies which I have checked are turned on in the browser.

Where do I find these cookies and cache thingys ?

Hi Ian,

I'm noticing 2 problems - first, went to "like" a post this morning and it comes up with the "oops - we ran into a problem - page cannot be found" error.

Second, whenever I go to Recreational Flying it makes me log in, despite having the "stay logged in" option checked.

Thanks!

Cheers, Marty

When I log on with Android all is ok

But

With win 10 I'm asked user name and password

I enter both an nothing happens

I can read posts OK but not reply

And am not listed as being one of those online

???

To clear cookies please see:

https://au.pcmag.com/how-to/29592/how-to-control-and-delete-cookies-on-your-browser

@Marty_d Also did you get the error page displayed when you came to the site from a shortcut on your PC. Next time copy the address in the address bar and let me know

HI Ian , is it possible to increase the font size ......my old(ish) eyes are having a bit of trouble reading posts ?

I am not sure about increasing font size at this stage as I will need to look into what the size increase will do across all pages...will keep this on the todo list

Edited by Admin

Having permission errors trying to attach image files.

The largest file size for attachments is 1mb...was the image you were trying to attach larger than this?

Also getting "Oops we have a problem....." when trying to edit a post.

Sorry Red, I need more info...all permission look ok

Not a biggie but "What's new (all)" threads are not in chronological order based on latest post. "What's new (unread)" are in chronological order as are posts in "Latest activity". I noticed this yesterday when posting and the thread stayed way down in the list but did appear at the top in unread.

I just checked and it seems ok to both me and I also used a test standard user login and all ok:

1.thumb.jpg.1a24f76d02bd7e2b01a4b519bc38ae2e.jpg

This is a general statement to everyone. After each site migration I need to re-follow and re-ignore members. I'm used to it now so consider this post a timely reminder. One suspended member is due to be un-banned tomorrow so I got in tonight before the forum posts start up again

Hi Ian. The above reported problems have both disappeared and the site is working normally. I have no idea what may have caused them. With the image upload, my images are normally between 50 and 150 kb, never anywhere near 1 Gb. When I clicked on the Attach files button, the Open box with file directory opened as usual, I selected the file and clicked Open. Instead of the upload progress bar, the system drew a cancel line (eg TGTP305 ) through the file name and displayed the message "You don't have permission to perform that operation" or something very similar. The same occurred when I tried to upload a screen snip of the error.

As for the edit, I wanted to correct a reply I had posted only a few moments before. When I clicked on the Edit button, the bar displayed across the top of the screen saying "Oops, we appear to have encountered a problem. Try again later". I went off and did something else for an hour or so and everything was working when I returned.

Is it possible to have "Whats new - All" as my home page? Each time a new thread is used the url changes so the last 4 characters e.g ...\1234\ change when a thread has been read.

Just use What's new

Just using that link will take you to a generic whats new page but thanks for the suggestion @Arron25

What you can use is:

https://www.recreationalflying.com/whats-new/posts

If you are using Whats new (unread) then that is what will be displayed as that is the default for the site

If you want Whats new (all) then you need to set Whats new (all) as your saved default and the same link will take you to that one

To change your default Whats new page just follow the 3 simple steps in How To - Change What's New default view

Also did you get the error page displayed when you came to the site from a shortcut on your PC. Next time copy the address in the address bar and let me know

Hi Ian,

I did a new shortcut (www.recreationalflying.com/whats-new/posts/3511/) but still got the login screen when I used it.

When I clicked on the "log in" button, I got the following:

1580722997856.thumb.png.b7b0ddf5cf666e84d2ab0c66daa1ae93.png

Thanks, Marty

HI Ian , is it possible to increase the font size ......my old(ish) eyes are having a bit of trouble reading posts ?

cherk, if you are using a Windows computer, Ctrl and + will increase the screen resolution, making the print larger. Ctrl and - (minus sign) will reduce resolution. Ctrl and + repeated will give the steps 100%, 110%, 125%, 150%, etc.

• Like 1