Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

if I go to what's new

and read post.

The a bit later I decide to go back to that post I cannot seem to access it

What do I need to do to return to a post that I have already read?

Thanks Ian and moderators for all the good work

Thank you Ian,

Clicking "whats new all" did not work for me,

Then I discovered that I had a filter set to "unread" as default

I changed that and now all is fine.

thanks for the good work

and the tolerance

Davidh

• Like 1

Ian, a crie de couer: Please can you instigate/resuscitate/reanimate the Classifieds section? I know it was small, but thetre really isn't another Recreational Aircraft sales site for the lower end of the market anywhere else.

Good luck with your improved site.

Bruce

Ian, a crie de couer: Please can you instigate/resuscitate/reanimate the Classifieds section? I know it was small, but thetre really isn't another Recreational Aircraft sales site for the lower end of the market anywhere else.

Good luck with your improved site.

Bruce

Coming back very soon

Still unable to attach files or edit posts, either at home or on the Men's Shed computer. I have cleared the cookies (had to log in again, and had to restart the computer to log in). It only happens on this site, not What's Up.

Still unable to attach files or edit posts, either at home or on the Men's Shed computer. I have cleared the cookies (had to log in again, and had to restart the computer to log in). It only happens on this site, not What's Up.

I have just tweaked something so see if that helps

The tweaking does not appear to have had any effect.

When I tried to add the next photo to the Guess This Aircraft thread I got this message: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

When I try to start a PM, I get this message: Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I don't know how to check the browser console.

In case it was because I use the Brave browser, I tried using Chrome with the same result. I tried using the computer at the Men's Shed. Same result. I have no problem with What's Up, Facebook or any other site.

I also notice that I have reverted from First Class Member to Well Known Member.

I don't know what else to try, other than creating a new login ID.

The tweaking does not appear to have had any effect.

When I tried to add the next photo to the Guess This Aircraft thread I got this message: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

When I try to start a PM, I get this message: Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I don't know how to check the browser console.

In case it was because I use the Brave browser, I tried using Chrome with the same result. I tried using the computer at the Men's Shed. Same result. I have no problem with What's Up, Facebook or any other site.

I also notice that I have reverted from First Class Member to Well Known Member.

I don't know what else to try, other than creating a new login ID.

I guess you’ve already tried clear all history?

I tried to edit the above post - Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I have cleared cookies and cached history files twice, from both Brave and Chrome.

• Like 1

Well, I logged out and created a new login ID. When I clicked on the PM envelope icon, no error message. Went to a thread, clicked on Attach files, selected a file, it loaded without a problem. I just didn't save it. So it looks like it's not my computer, it's my login/profile.

Looks like you've nailed it. Photo upload works, editing works, PM works. Thanks Ian. (Sorry it took a while, I had to go up to the station to pick up my daughter.)

Ian, in previous iterations after view a new, unread post when returning to the list the post just read disappearEd. Now after reading the new post when I return to the unread list that post is still there. I have to go up page to new posts to clear those that are read. You may be aware of this or not. Keep up the good work. Thanks

Ian, in previous iterations after view a new, unread post when returning to the list the post just read disappearEd. Now after reading the new post when I return to the unread list that post is still there. I have to go up page to new posts to clear those that are read. You may be aware of this or not. Keep up the good work. Thanks

Click on this

https://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/any-site-problems-site-support.11944/page-9#post-509088

I am unsure what is going on...seems there are some stability issues which are like looking for a needle in a haystack. I will keep digging into it but when reporting any issues please give me as much info as possible as it may help to highlight some kind of pattern...thanks