Current Queensland Flood photos

Guest Baphomet

Hey Pete, the first 2 look to be Bradfield. Actually looks quite dry there given the amount of rain they've had.

Cheers

Baph

[ATTACH]12859.vB[/ATTACH]

I can't believe what I saw on the news today. I turned on the tv to see this, amongst the terrible images of cars being throw end over end along swollen creeks. My heart goes out to everyone caught up in this.

dscf0046.jpg.4dd5cd765c0ff2830a2b8d29485d0991.jpg

The scale of this massive, unfolding tragedy is difficult to comprehend.To expect Ozzie's to put their hands in their pockets to provide relief astounds me.

The Federal government has been trying to 'stimulate' the economy....Now is the time to pull the collective Government 'finger' out and throw MASSIVE support towards the communities and individuals affected by this event.

No room for any more hands in my pockets

There are already to many diving in there already

But to be serious on this. It is going to cause a big drain on what is left in the Govt's coffers and it will take all that they have left to get infrastructure back on line.

personally i will not mind throwing some money in as long as it goes to help those people directly and not the govts involved.

Fires, floods and drought is what this country is about. giving a helping hand to those caught up in it is what Australians are about.

But i do belive CFICARE really meant AUSSIES not OZZIES.

Ozzie

It is at times like this that the 1 billion dollars blown on the pink batts program to fix it on top of the 2 billion to implement it, +40 million dollars blown on the failed grocery/fuel watch schemes, 500 million given recently by Gillard to indonesian schools, 599 million given away at the Cancun Climate change conference as 'good will', estimated overruns of 2-3 billion in the processing of refugees on top of last years 1 billion blow out in that program alone, 1.2 billion blowout in school laptop scheme, 8+ billion estimated waste in the building the education revolution school hall program on top of a 1.5 billion blowout in that scheme, 46 million dollars cash stimulus money paid to dead people and people overseas, 43 million in advertising to promote the mining super profits tax, 300 million dollars wasted on the greens loan scheme, 850 million on the solar homes scheme...and the list goes on and on, that the immense size of recent government waste should be taken into context. Everyone is now hurting with massive cost of living increases and yet now we face this disaster and will need to fund the repair effort with you guessed it, more borrowed money on top of the 80+ billion debt we have racked up in just three and a bit years. It really is sad that we have the government we now do at these tough times.

Went for a fly this morning as it is the first day we have been able to get up for a while. Kingaroy is cut off in all directions as are a lot of towns around. A mate and I went to look at our properties as we can't get near them in ute's. It seems to be the only way to get around without getting bogged or washed away. Mic

[ATTACH]12860.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]12861.vB[/ATTACH]

DSCF6680.jpg.14fa9b58b5d36a2db87fc99e1bbff7fc.jpg

DSCF6681.jpg.526db9821a0494e51aa7fb296034ff68.jpg

Rudd and Gillard have pumped a heap of cash into the economy, I drive around now and see all the solar panels and its hard to believe it only took a few years to create that industry.

It could be worse, Treasurer Hockey could have done another Telstra to us.

How lucky is Bligh? that QR infrastructure has just dropped a packet

Guest Andys@coffs
I wonder what the likelihood that Jab was insured?

or even more likely.....

And if it was, is flood covered by the policy as one of the defined events?

Does anyone know if the QBE Aircraft policies will cover this?

Andy

i wonder how many of those dodgey backyard car dealers are going to try and get some of those cars and flogg them off to the southern states?

. It really is sad that we have the government we now do at these tough times.

I guess we could have stayed with the previous government... at least the we would not have had any infrastructure left to get in the way of floods.

[ATTACH]12868.vB[/ATTACH]

I woke up to sunshine so did a 6am flight from Redcliffe to Beachmere and Caboolture and took some pictures. Very hazy so I didn't go further to hang around long. Mainly seems the small holdings on the South East of Caboolture affected. Funny thing is you can still see the river clearly, it's like it flooded, went back to itself and isn't taking the water back.

1263549_SouthEastoutskirtsofCaboolturee.jpg.ef2b60f5770ae508afde506d45d134bf.jpg

The aftermath will be interesting. Qld government will blame the floods for the state of the roads. We had speed restrictions for potholes before the floods. Wyvenhoe dam will cause a few heads to roll is my guess. It wasn't lowered before the floods. Maybe they should look at town planning to reduce the built up areas upstream of established towns, such as Toowoomba.

After Gladstone has spent millions upgrading the airport with absolutely no input from State or federal government it will be interesting to see how Rocky fares for an upgrade.

Must be absolute Hell for all those poor flooded people and it is still raining.

If you do not have a vege garden going now would be a good time to put one in as they have been predicting massive price rises for food in the very near furture. many veges and fruits simply will not be available in shops or will be prohibitivley expensive.

one thing i have noticed is a lot less of the Queenslander style pole houses have gone under... seen a few pictures where all the slab houses are up to the top of the windows or higher, and a few old queenslanders next door are high and dry.