Brake system on tecnam

tecnamdave

I have just found my first problem with my Tecnam P92 echo super after 3 years and just over 200 hours. opon aplying the breaks and turning the little tap (same as fuel tap) between the seats to lock the brakes on as in hand break,

I found it not holding. so on consulting my trusty mechanic, we purchased a new hand break tap, this did not remedy the problem, the next was to bleed the whole system No joy.next was to trace the break system and behind the seats found a one way valve that we pulled apart and found a broken O ring, this little valve has the smallest O ring i have ever seen it would just fit over the end of a match. Problem Solverd

Cheers TecnamDave

• 1 month later...

Is there a know design problem with the hand brake lever in the eaglet? I am a student and believe

the handbrake lever needs a friction control or something to stop it drifting into the on position during climb out. It would be easy to land with the hand brake on if not carefull (Yeh I know part of the downwind checks) but I bet everyone has missed at least one Item during a check at some time in their flying career. Has anyone noticed the issue I am talking about? and has anyone found a solution?

Is there a know design problem with the hand brake lever in the eaglet? I am a student and believethe handbrake lever needs a friction control or something to stop it drifting into the on position during climb out. It would be easy to land with the hand brake on if not carefull (Yeh I know part of the downwind checks) but I bet everyone has missed at least one Item during a check at some time in their flying career. Has anyone noticed the issue I am talking about? and has anyone found a solution?

Yes DB, I agree, it's very loose isn't it...although I guess I fly the same Eaglet as you do at Wagga so it may be just that aircraft. Lots of things to like about the Tecnams but I dislike the handbrake setup on both Eaglet and Sierra. Too easy to make a mistake. Primitive though it is, the locking catch on the Jabiru's brake is better IMHO.

Thanks for the reply, I have mainly flown the sierra but have only had the good fortune to fly eaglet twice, once with my instuctor and then next lesson some solo circuits. My experience is not

worldly but I enjoy flying both and hope to soon (couple of months weather permitting) have my flight test. I am starting to think it is not just achieving pilot status, but how much you enjoy

the journey that really counts.