New Viking engine

Kyle Communications

Jan tried to sell this Sonex a while ago and couldn't get any buyers. He also tried to offload that CH750 that he uses and couldn't get a buyer for it either.

Used plane market is fickle to say the least. I'm not to sure what to make about the viking sport, shades of the homer mobile.

144923.jpg.31cd378d7f4ac1edb8a5da6152e759a4.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jan tried to sell this Sonex a while ago and couldn't get any buyers. He also tried to offload that CH750 that he uses and couldn't get a buyer for it either.

Well in Australia we tend to be a bit more open about new products/concepts.

Jan has a verifiable checkered history but the Viking project itself, after some minor to be expected teething troubles, seems to be living up to standards and by the time people who purchase them now consider a turn around somewhere in the future, I'm sure the Viking will be well known and proven.

• Agree 1

So bex what happens if your engine won't start say after 1pm on a Saturday? Its not like you can plug a laptop into the ECU and see whats wrong

Get out and open the points up and clean the dizzy cap.

The incidence of any modern system not starting is so low that the need for paranoia isn't warranted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 1

Fly tornado, obviously as a Viking owner all those point are of interest to me...I'm just wondering:1. Do you own a viking engine and experienced warranty issues?

2. As an owner did you pull down the engine to inspect the block for metal fatigue?

3. And was your harness supplied by Jan?

JMBB...you obviously don't know of FT's track record on this forum....just ignore his comments

• Agree 3

There's haters in the world and nothing will change there minds...and even when challenged as I did a few comments ago they just ignore it and keep on keeping on.

Experimental....the word which keeps our aircraft aloft and so was the wright bros.

Just wait until they see my panel and electrical video....the haters heads will explode 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

• Like 2

El

There's haters in the world and nothing will change there minds...and even when challenged as I did a few comments ago they just ignore it and keep on keeping on.Experimental....the word which keeps our aircraft aloft and so was the wright bros.

Just wait until they see my panel and electrical video....the haters heads will explode 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Electrical. Video ?

Whats that , just curious .

calm down Jim no one hates your viking, Jan is just an old fashioned grifter.Don't forget Bernie Maddoff griftered $50B out of some smarter ppl than you

I am sure that Jim is a much smarter person than those greedy investors who went along with Bernie Maddoff and left their cash with him to "manage" because they were motivated by avarice only; nothing else. This doesn't make them smart.

FT: Let's stick to the TOPIC and not undermine or make some comment about the PERSON. Look up 'ad hominem' and you will see what I mean.

Furthermore, let fellow Forumites bring facts to the thread and discuss those facts. Do not continually throw biased conjecture into the mix.

Sadly, your contributions to this thread have been less than helpful. Instead, it is becoming a hindrance to a healthy discussion about the Viking engine.

• Agree 2

I can hardly believe it has come to this but, let's back off on FT. He has a right to his opinion. If you don't like what he says, attack what he says not who he is. By all means ask for the posts to come back to topic. Disagree all you like.

I personally have noticed a distinct improvement in FT's posts over time. Unlike me, he is often very brief. Meaning can get lost in that brevity.

• Like 1

Jan's a scammer, his record as a business man is appalling. When the Subaru business went under he dudded buyers out of $200K worth of deposits. All those subarus engines are pretty much worthless now.

Jan is I would call a bush mechanic, a very good one but he's no engineer.

• Agree 3

Jan's a scammer, his record as a business man is appalling. When the Subaru business went under he dudded buyers out of $200K worth of deposits. All those subarus engines are pretty much worthless now.Jan is I would call a bush mechanic, a very good one but he's no engineer.

Is this a brief post Don?

I must admit FT has been pretty good this past 12 months but maybe a leopard can't change his spots

• Like 1

Is this a brief post Don?I must admit FT has been pretty good this past 12 months but maybe a leopard can't change his spots

I have noticed an increasingly good set of contributions from FT as well, especially during 2014. I have even Agreed or Liked some of his posts when I thought they were worthwhile or were genuinely humorous. Unfortunately, I got the sense that FT was slipping back to his old ways in this thread. Hopefully, this was a one-off episode.

Continue your contributions FT but take off your negative glasses before clicking on the Post Reply button.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

• 2 months later...
144923-jpg.31752 [ATTACH=full]31780[/ATTACH]

This would be the Wyex Jan Egg "improved" I read about it on one of the American forums. There was a lot of anger about this machine in that particular thread. I suggest it will be somewhere in a Sonex forum. Mr Monnett is not amused. You would need to read it in its entirity to get the gist. Definitely not pretty. After he had realy loused up the handling he came on asking how to put the Genie back in the bottle. The whole sequence is almost parallel to the NTSB report on the crashed RV10. One thing I want to clarify is the "plane" (or remains of one) isn't a Viking product, it is a heavily modified Sonex. The problem started with a weight and balance issue after the engine transplant. From there it was all Homer Simpson rather than Bush Mechanic.

• Informative 1