New to site and flying

Grungle

Hi All,

Just found the site. Only new to flying with 4 lessons under my belt but loving every minute. Lucky that my boss has 4 aircraft and has generously donated a Cessna 150 to us to learn to fly in (myself and my project manager). Small but adequate until we get to the stage where we can expand on other types.

He also has a 182, 210 and just recently aquired a jet which he is currently learning to fly in the States (not sure what type yet).

Based in Mackay, glad all this rain is finally slowing up enough to fit in 2-3 lessons a week (all covered through work).

Hoping to find a lot of good info and tips on the site to help with the course. Looking for some excel spreadsheets to assist with flight planning, ATIS info etc so maybe someone can suggest a link to peruse. Will start searching through the site but there is so much information to process at the moment so only taking slowly.

Cheers

David

He also has a 182, 210 and just recently aquired a jet which he is currently learning to fly in the States (not sure what type yet).

Jesus mate, does he need any more employee's, my old boss had a 94 single cab hilux!!

Welcome Grungle... Gotta love the economic climate in Mackay... there is us mortals and then there are those who seem to have the big income and the aeroplane fetish... lol

I have just soloed with Matts Ra-Aus flying school based at Palmyra... We will have to catch up. It is good to see so many of us popping up all across this region with an interest in recreational flying. Would be nice to not be strangers with the GA boys out of the main airport...

Winsor68

Welcome David, I hop you enjoy it here and also your Training.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Yeah thanks Dazza. Allready having a ball.

Jesus mate, does he need any more employee's, my old boss had a 94 single cab hilux!!

If your a radio tech that doesn't mind a couple of days at the mines then I'll hire you now! Lucky to have a great boss - has been egging me to do it for a while so couldn't refuse his offer.

Welcome Grungle... Gotta love the economic climate in Mackay... there is us mortals and then there are those who seem to have the big income and the aeroplane fetish... lolI have just soloed with Matts Ra-Aus flying school based at Palmyra... We will have to catch up. It is good to see so many of us popping up all across this region with an interest in recreational flying. Would be nice to not be strangers with the GA boys out of the main airport...

Winsor68

Not wrong Mr Winsor. Ride the wave while you can. I run a radio communications company so there is ample work at the moment. My boss, the owner of the company, has a strangle hold on the communications for pipeline, road and rail so flies all over Australia supporting the various projects he has. Sometimes he spends 30+ hours a week flying his 210 over to WA, down to SA, Brisbane and back to Gladstone. That is the main reason for the Jet so he can halve his travel time and carry more at the same time.

Drop us a PM anytime. Would be great to catch up sometime.

Regards

David

If your a radio tech that doesn't mind a couple of days at the mines then I'll hire you now! Lucky to have a great boss - has been egging me to do it for a while so couldn't refuse his offer.

unfortunately not mate but im a fast learner, sounds like your on a good wicket mate enjoy it!

Welcome David.

What a great opportunity you have.

I may not be a radio tech, but do listen to John Laws.

Just wonderin whether that qualifies me for some time on the boss's Cessna 150?

Kind Regards

Planey

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Grungle... was that you flying the 150 today at Mackay Airport?

Not today. We flew yesterday at 9-11am and will be flying tomorrow between 8-10am (there are 2 of us learning from work). We are trying for Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's weather permitting (which is not very permitting at the moment).

I know there is another 150 due in this week which was bought by someone just starting their lessons as well.

Our 150 is pretty easy to spot. VH-RXJ with red and blue stripes down the side and a Nixon Communications emblem on the tail.

Regards

David

Hey David, I am trying to convince work to pay for my lessons. Unfortunately they're not having a bar of it... Mostly because we're a band. Not much need for a two seater recreational pilot when we're a 23 piece ensemble! 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

Nice one Dave!

Welcome along, great to have you.

Nice to have a great job, I suppose I can't complain much, I've got some mighty decent friends, and one of my bosses has a few different aircraft plus a couple choppers... ;)

I'm hoping to get my own aircraft soon (as in the next year or so) and use it for work, save doing a million miles each month on the road anyway! (Mobile Mech)

What mine you working for up there? You do all the radio gear in the machines do you?