Amphib Floatplane Freedom

Guest clamar floats

Guest clamar floats

Hi David,

Fly Tornado was 100% correct, it's an Aircam and we do have one flying on Clamar Floats in QLD = VH-BIZ

[ATTACH]13357.vB[/ATTACH]

Was that a Drifter? Nice.David

Yes, you can land these floats on snow/ice which has been done in Canada, not that I would recommend it. We've even tested (professionally) them landing on water with landing gear extended and it didn't flip like most others would.

I even heard of a Cub floatplane (on Clamar's in the US) water taxi onto an ice packed lake, and took-off! crazy stuff but there you go.

Regards

Clamar

IMG_2254.JPG.fa7b10b8c81490a5824ff824da95f6b1.JPG

Guest clamar floats

Hi David,

I don't know who Dean is, but Winton maybe correct as the smallest set of floats we produce fit a/c similar in size & weight to Jab 160's, so I guess Winton could be referring to that.

Bloody nice aircraft, I saw one in the flesh in NZ last year, best looking Drifter ever made:roflmao:.Looks real good on those floats, that's what I call a real aircraft. Interesting that you can land on water with the legs down, every float pilots fear that it will happen one day. I have personally seen the typical results.

Yep those Canadian bush pilots are real pilots.

Thanks for putting that up Clamar.

David

PS do you make small low cost floats suitable for a 300Kg CAO95-10 aircraft?

Regards

Clamar

Guest clamar floats

G'day David,

Before you head off and pay $5000 for an endorsment, try taking a joy flight first as it'll either put you off or make you want to go buy the Spruce Goose :-) after 20,000hrs flying all sorts of machines and sailing boats I love it.

Check this out first, may get your taste buds going.

http://www.downwind.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=528:seaplane-flight-into-gordon-river&catid=62:watch-this&Itemid=102

better with amphibs though :-)

If you ever need some sort of advice especially with floatplane ops, am floating hull rated too if this helps? PVT message me ok.

Regards

Clamar

Thanks Clamar,Dean is Winton (Dean Winton)and as it turns out he has a set of float moulds for a 95-10 weight (300kg) aircraft. I checked them out last night, they look good and would be perfect for the 95-10 weight class, apparently Dean was going to put floats on his Saphire many years ago. So I guess I am off on a float conversion mission now.

David

Guest clamar floats

You have the bug already! well done, and definately a few up on me. I'll await your PM, seems we have heaps to chat about.

Thanks Clamar,I will PM you.

I am already a convert, spent time in Beavers (actually got to stick a Beaver), Otters, Maules, C185s on floats....love love love ....get the picture.

David

Regards

Clamar