My Iphone/Smart Phone Flying Apps - Tell Us What Flying Related Apps You Have

Relfy

And to update, I use Ozrunways on my iPad 2. Tether my iPhone to it and then naips for weather. I feel it has made my flying safer by reducing the workload in the cockpit when things get busy. The scratch pad is great when there are a few in the circuit to jot down call signs and positions.

I also use Motion x GPS so my wife can track me live when I'm in the air and also I send my position every 2 mins to her email and another two email addresses, just in case. I have to remember though, to turn it off because when I tell her I'm at the hanger cleaning the plane but popping up on my mates deck (yes it is that accurate), I get in trouble.

• Like 1

Got up early yesterday to fly to YGTO in Tasmania from Moorabbin. Could not log in on my "blasted" PC for weather, W&B etc. So did all my flight planning on my iPad 2 using Air-Nav-Pro App. and NAIPS. I use Oz-runways for inflight information as they have the ERC Low charts etc.

Uploaded my flight plan from the NAIPS App. and took off at 1130 but only an hour into the flight turned back at Wilson's Prom with a diversion due to low cloud. Could not get above 2,500ft and not prepared to go over that expanse of water without some serious air below. The route I use is via Wilson's Prom keeping close to Flinders Island and then turn West along the NE coast to Georgetown.

I have spoken to Eugene Reid (President of RA-AUS) last time I was there and he has made many flights across the Strait (direct). He has a great facility at the strip and is very helpful and friendly.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Have a look at spin a wind. It lets you enter in any wind direction and speed for you runway and gives you the crosswind factor. Also let's you set limits for your craft i.e. 10 knots yellow warning 15 knots + show in red etc. has a few other tools as well but this is the main one for RA pilots.

• 2 weeks later...

OK got a winner!

Try GLYMPSE

Basically a 'tracking' App works on more than just Apple gear, basically just send a message to someone (as many as you want) in your contacts and it lets them log into a web site or just the App on their device and see where you are/or are heading on Google maps. Been using it a little but gave it the full run today with a mate tracking my flight all over the place.

FREE!!! Nothing to lose! (no doubt they will likely add ads or such later to make you pay for the 'upgrade')

Tex Out

• Like 1

---... -....- -.--.- --. --- .. -. --. -... .- -.-. -.- - --- -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . .. ... .- ... - . .--. -... .- -.-. -.- .-- .- .-. -.. ... - . .--. -....- .. -. -- -.-- --- .--. .. -. .. --- -. -....- .- -. -.. ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. -... . .- ...- --- .. -.. . -.. .-.-.- .-.. . - .----. ... ... - .. -.-. -.- - --- .--. .-.. .- .. -. . -. --. .-.. .. ... .... ---... -....- -.--.-

http://www.onlineconversion.com/morse_code.htm

---... -....- -.--.- --. --- .. -. --. -... .- -.-. -.- - --- -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . .. ... .- ... - . .--. -... .- -.-. -.- .-- .- .-. -.. ... - . .--. -....- .. -. -- -.-- --- .--. .. -. .. --- -. -....- .- -. -.. ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. -... . .- ...- --- .. -.. . -.. .-.-.- .-.. . - .----. ... ... - .. -.-. -.- - --- .--. .-.. .- .. -. . -. --. .-.. .. ... .... ---... -....- -.--.-http://www.onlineconversion.com/morse_code.htm

Yep agreed.