Here we go!!

pudestcon

Well tomorrow is the day if the wind is ok.

Tomorrow is the day when my T500 Thruster registered 25-0331 gets to become a flying machine, rather than a pile of rag and tube aspiring to be a flying machine:oh yeah: I'll get to Northam around 8am to help Steve do some final stuff, throughly check out the complete aircraft going over every control circuit nut and bolt, clip in the radio (hand held), and watch Steve do some strip runs. Some minor adjustments, another inspection of all components, and if all checks out, I expect to record Steve do a circuit or 2.

Who knows, by Saturday evening I may well have tasted flight in my own aircraft - it's been coming for a lifetime but the last 18 months or so have been excruciating!!

Pud

Here's a pic of the finished product.692359811_CopyofP1000011.thumb.JPG.6eaa935540b18eddbb276288d6b425c0.JPG

• Like 3

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is beautiful! Good luck.

Thanks Win,

Better back off with the "Beautiful" bit though - you're stretching the truth calling a Thruster beautiful!!

I'm hoping for "Poetry in motion" tomorrow though.

Pud

Guest Maj Millard

You've done a great job Pud, one of the best I've seen. Good luck with her..........................................Maj...

Thanks Maj,

And I agree with you.... No not the "best I've seen", but Win is definitely twisted:roflmao:

sfGnome,

You are right, it was one of the things that drew me to the Thruster - relatively easy to change out components. It is entirely feasible for the only original part on a Thruster, to be the compliance plate!!!

The compliance plate on this one tells me it was built in 1989 and was number 351 off the assembly line.

Cheers,

Pud

So if you're going to record Steve doing circuits, can we expect the recorded results to be posted here on Sunday eve? Looks really good Pud. Congratulations on bringing another Thruster back from the edge of extinction. Cheers Riley

Thanks davidh10,

The weather forecast is predicting winds from the NNE at 11.8 kts by 11am. The strip is 14 so will have a sizeable crosswind for test flying given the demonstrated crosswing component is 15kts according to the manual. Be assured we will postpone if the ducks are not flying in formation.

Pud

So if you're going to record Steve doing circuits, can we expect the recorded results to be posted here on Sunday eve? Looks really good Pud. Congratulations on bringing another Thruster back from the edge of extinction. Cheers Riley

G'day Riley and thanks,

Great to catch up with you last Sunday at Bindoon. Your Hummelbird took my eye!!

Well I'm going to video the event and "try" to post here, just can't guarantee it will be Sunday night. I'll post some stills though.

Cheers,

Pud

Congratulations Pud. Hope it goes well. I was over at Northam for the Flying Day last Sunday, and wandered through the hangar. Didn't realise this was your plane. Nice job.

rgmwa

Congratulations Pud. Hope it goes well. I was over at Northam for the Flying Day last Sunday, and wandered through the hangar. Didn't realise this was your plane. Nice job.rgmwa

Thanks rgmwa,

I would have liked to have been at Northam on Sunday too, but decided I'd attend the safety seminar at Bindoon. Really good turn out there for it as well.

How did the Fly in go at Northam?

Pud

Thanks rgmwa,I would have liked to have been at Northam on Sunday too, but decided I'd attend the safety seminar at Bindoon. Really good turn out there for it as well.

How did the Fly in go at Northam?

Pud

Seemed to be well attended with quite a few aircraft flying around. Very strong crosswinds until mid-day though, and there were a lot of go-arounds and some very shaky landings. Glad I was watching and not flying. RACWA had the Tiger Moth there giving joy-flights, and that was very popular. RC model display, vintage MG's, the hamburger van, etc. Very pleasant way to spend the morning.

rgmwa

Good on ya Pud. been watching the progress on here and I think its a real credit that you persevered to produce a machine that looks "best of breed" (Sorry, I just cant bring myself to call it beautiful)

All the best for Saturday and the future...

Guest rocketdriver

Pud, she looks terrific ... a credit to you .... Good luck with the first flight, and take it easy!

cheers

RD

Well tomorrow is the day if the wind is ok.Tomorrow is the day when my T500 Thruster registered 25-0331 gets to become a flying machine, rather than a pile of rag and tube aspiring to be a flying machine:oh yeah: I'll get to Northam around 8am to help Steve do some final stuff, throughly check out the complete aircraft going over every control circuit nut and bolt, clip in the radio (hand held), and watch Steve do some strip runs. Some minor adjustments, another inspection of all components, and if all checks out, I expect to record Steve do a circuit or 2.

Who knows, by Saturday evening I may well have tasted flight in my own aircraft - it's been coming for a lifetime but the last 18 months or so have been excruciating!!

Pud

Here's a pic of the finished product.[ATTACH=full]13541[/ATTACH]

Pudestcon,

It's the best looking Thruster I have seen. Don't forget to remove the tail-dragger dragger before flight.

Let us know how your first flight went!