farri

What`s Happening???

Farri must get the medal for promoting the fun of flying.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 2

On 2/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, Methusala said:

Hey Frank, how is it up there? Growing fins yet? Cheers Don

G`Day Don! Rain, Rain, More Rain, Then! Even More Rain! and it`s not finished yet! Following a very dry year for this part of the country, the dry ended in mid December... We`ve been flooded in twice already this year and it`s only the beginning of February and the Cyclone season doesn`t end till the end of April.

I`ve had to bring the Drifter up to higher ground here at the house for the second time! it was tied down here for the best part of last week...This morning there was a break in the rain and the wind so I decided to go for a fly! I had to use the strip up at the house here but nothing stops the grass growing and I havn`t been able to mow it so it was fairly high but not a problem! I landed back on the other one and put the Drifter back in the shed but I don`t know for how long it will be there as that low that`s been flooding so many areas of North Queensland is expected to last at least another week.

1203547581_FrankFlying!038(Large).thumb.jpg.3a368edfdb8e1fe90c4905ed22cf4c66.jpg   375656900_FrankFlying!032(Large).thumb.jpg.ba42e34b1eb5ba94403a91c4577ed071.jpg   1872084611_FrankFlying!001(Large).thumb.jpg.8e0ef3011aacb149b3b50518dcfcbe30.jpg 

484759279_FrankFlying!006(Large).thumb.jpg.170acbeb22e01ea5aea172319e6b2646.jpg

Franco.

• Like 1

G'day Frank, Went for a fly yesterday in my mate's Drifter for 35m. The country around here is holding up well due to some heavy rain in t'storms. However it is still very hot and this has killed tomato plants in our garden. Hope that you and Fran aren't too badly affected by the floods, cheers Don

• Like 1

Yesterday afternoon I had the pleasure of taking Tony Lanzi up in the Drifter for his first Ultralight flight! Next was to be Matthew, our eldest Grand-Son and a 13-year-old boy who Matt mentors at school, but unfortunately, just as they arrived mother nature unleashed a Thunder Storm that would have been the equivalent of a category 1 cyclone! it knocked out the power to 250 homes in the Babinda area, fortunately, we have a standby generator so we didn`t have to sit in the dark for several hours! The current forecast is for fine with very little wind for all of this week which is great but "MAN! IS IT HOT AND HUMID!"

Tony Lanzi is a very experienced pilot who owns and flies a 1981, RG 182 Cessna,Turbo, currently based at Innisfail aerodrome...I met Tony for the first time,yesterday.

2060836194_Tony1(Large).thumb.jpg.56e5485d6389225bd9b059689c17c974.jpg

Franco.

Edited by farri
Typo