Another Savy S flying

Gundy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY nice machine there Ballpoint.How about the 'Baked Bean'? Just kidding!!!

Pud

Nah Pud," baked bean"- fills you with air, farts then soil yourself - sound like a jab to me( only joking all, remember I had one!), LIke Fanta Can though.......Orange and Aluminum and fantastic to boot.

• Like 1

Very nice Neil,A very smart addition to the skies over Caboolture

Thanks Mike, sorry I missed your call, Im around all week if you're at the field, it's on line from next week and I'm going to Straddie on Saturday.

Catch you soon- it can almost fly as slow as an aerochute!

Thanks Mike, sorry I missed your call, Im around all week if you're at the field, it's on line from next week and I'm going to Straddie on Saturday.Catch you soon- it can almost fly as slow as an aerochute!

Aye Neil the Grace and Low Speed of an Aerochute and the ability to STOL but also plenty of giddyup to get places. How does she Cruise i.e. TAS at say 5000rpm ??

and yeah, thinking about Straddie

Aye Neil the Grace and Low Speed of an Aerochute and the ability to STOL but also plenty of giddyup to get places. How does she Cruise i.e. TAS at say 5000rpm ??and yeah, thinking about Straddie

At a micky hair over 5000 it says 90 IAS, at 5200 it will vascilate 92-94 kts but you know she wants to be pulled through the air a little slower,that big lifty wing starts to become a drag queen. 85-90 seems like a great cruise. I went with the Duc prop which is pitched for a good cruise and that I have, the things get off so short that unless I want to fly out of my half acre then this prop works fine. It also has the "Inconel' leading edge protection which for gravelly strips etc should look after the prop a little better. Cressie and I destroyed a Bolly with Duratuff on 06 before Christmas( bloody instructors!), but it is a pusher after all.

Only one of the school planes is left this Saturday in cct, everything else is off to Straddie- should be a cracker if Cyclone Caboolture clears, 140mm at Glass house since 2pm yesterday and the airfield is starting to look like waterfront property!

Hope you come over.027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif

Cya

• 5 weeks later...
80 knots it wasn't difficult at all to install the Skyview but had a little trouble sorting the autopilot servos out. I had to engineer all the brackets as well as making sure the servos had the right amount of travel (not too much travel). The paint job isn't finished yet still need to put the strips on. As for the weight of the Skyview verses common gauges the Dynon is lighter by a few kilos. I'm very pleased I went with the Dynon.

gday gundy i have a 2010 savannah vgw and want to install a trutrak autopilot. have the GPefis already installed. wondered if i could get some photos of your servo installation. 250driver

Hello 250 driver. Where do u live we might be able to fly and catch up. Could you pm me your email so I can send photos to you my computer is playing up at the moment only using iPhone on the net. I don't know how to import photos on this thread with the phone. Thanks Gundy

Hello 250 driver. Where do u live we might be able to fly and catch up. Could you pm me your email so I can send photos to you my computer is playing up at the moment only using iPhone on the net. I don't know how to import photos on this thread with the phone. Thanks Gundy

gday gundy live just out of wangaratta vic. but will be up Yetman way in the next couple of weeks. 250driver

Gday 250 heres some autopilot servo installation photos. I hope this helps you out. My mate fixed my computer ya. Are you going to fly up to the Savannah Muster, I should be there as long as the birth of our 2nd child goes well.securedownload.jpeg.b9b767493e7cb6204ae0bdab5cdf1bfd.jpeg

securedownload-1.jpeg.5aec4dc754617a250f627e035c309c83.jpeg

securedownload-2.jpeg.070223b69c945a9abc1e86e8b2368c63.jpeg

securedownload-3.jpeg.fd52fd7762b73ed01290ce001a55ab9c.jpeg

securedownload-4.jpeg.6195ab712062c931ec8c5dae7e413c70.jpeg

Gday 250 heres some autopilot servo installation photos. I hope this helps you out. My mate fixed my computer ya. Are you going to fly up to the Savannah Muster, I should be there as long as the birth of our 2nd child goes well.[ATTACH=full]16608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16611[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16612[/ATTACH]

gundy thanks for the pics. the brackets etc are quite complex. do you know the torque rating on your servos? when and where is the muster? how do i get your phone no. to give you a call? 250driver

Gday 250 heres some autopilot servo installation photos. I hope this helps you out. My mate fixed my computer ya. Are you going to fly up to the Savannah Muster, I should be there as long as the birth of our 2nd child goes well.[ATTACH=full]16608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16611[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16612[/ATTACH]

That's a really neat installation Gundy! It's good to see that the electronic panel helps overall aircraft weight by a few kilograms too.