In Your Flight Bag...?

Log book, Maps. blank flight plan forms, Ops manual, Ersa, pens/pencils, ruler, plotter, flight computer, electronic flight computer, GPS, lots of rechargable AA batteries for GPS and headset. battery charger, watch.

thats about it, not including empty food wrappers, old pocket lint etc etc.

Headset, maps, clipboard, blank flight plan forms, blank SARTIME forms, ERSA, pencils/pen/whiteboard marker, ASIC, ruler, plotter, flight computer, torch, licence, spare batteries for headset, sick bags, fuel tester, Warrior checklist, water bottle, stale packet of tiny teddies, sunglasses, camera, phone

and sometimes my iPod and the cord to connect it to my headset, depending on what I'm doing

Most of the first two replies applies to me; and my leatherman is an essential accessory. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use it. I feel naked without it. I carry another one in my flight bag too.

I reckon that wetwipes / tissues / toilet paper are also pretty handy to have.

As a side question - how much do you reckon the average fully equipped flight bag weighs? Does anybody factor that into their preflight weight/balance calculations?

Cheers.

As a side question - how much do you reckon the average fully equipped flight bag weighs? Does anybody factor that into their preflight weight/balance calculations?

Beat me to it, Owi. I weighed my flight bag as part of the preps for Temora (had a slight weight issue with all the camping gear!), and was surprised. Ended up removing about half the guff, but it's tough when the heaviest books are mandated.

p.s. I carry toilet paper too, but that's for the public toilet near the strip which has generally run out... :DirtDOG:

• 4 weeks later...

In regards to Flight Computers - could anybody recommend which one to purchase? I'm not refering to the electronic versions.

There are a few i've tried to read up on online but without knowing what they really do beyond a very basic product description it makes it somewhat difficult to decide.

I am thinking of the ASA E6-B Metal, becuase "The best slide-rule-style flight computer on the market...." But is it??

"...ASA's E6-B features a wind component grid and comprehensive crosswind correction chart, and on the other side the slide computes time, speed, distance, altitude, true airspeed, and density altitude problems as well as conversions. Nautical and statute scales are included. Vinyl case and instruction booklet included. 9-3/4" x 5".

Yes i could ask my FI tomorrow but be interesting to hear your thoughts as well.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

I weight 40 Kgs on a good day. So in answer to your question: No. :)