Torque Seal

There is always the Recreational Flying shop as well at $3.95 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif or just normal red Nail Polish from the wife which is free (if you are quick enough)

Ignition...there are around 20,000 products and at around 15mins per product to add into the shop properly I would need a full time assistant as the site comes first...just ring me on 03 9444-8025 or PM me anything that you need if it isn't listed in the shop

Hey!!!! Ian !That's blatant advertising. Ban yourself for a week!

And red nail polish is sooooo last week. Dark purple is the new red!

OME

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif got to pay the site costs some how

I would have bought it from you Ian had I known you stocked it. I am very happy to return the support this site offers. Next time I'll ask you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davehw

If you plan on placing an order to Aircraft Spruce USA any time, they stock it at US$1.95 (about AU$1.80)

Comes in: yellow, green, blue, orange, red, white tubes.

Dave.

If you plan on placing an order to Aircraft Spruce USA any time, they stock it at US$1.95 (about AU$1.80)Comes in: yellow, green, blue, orange, red, white tubes.

Dave.

Dave

For the exercise get a quote for them to supply and let us know the result, I think you will be shocked at the price 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif to ship it

Jake J

Yes. Postage and Handling on low cost items like this makes the purchase of a single item ridiculously high. That's why it's best to buy from the suppliers who support this website. They spread the P/H over many items so that the price you pay for your cheap item is still lower than what you would pay on the open market.

Suppliers who support this website try to keep overheads down and don't agree with putting 300% mark ups on the items they sell. Because of the low volumes involved, most suppliers find that the customer has more ready cash than the supplier. 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

OME

Yes. Postage and Handling on low cost items like this makes the purchase of a single item ridiculously high. That's why it's best to buy from the suppliers who support this website. They spread the P/H over many items so that the price you pay for your cheap item is still lower than what you would pay on the open market.Suppliers who support this website try to keep overheads down and don't agree with putting 300% mark ups on the items they sell. Because of the low volumes involved, most suppliers find that the customer has more ready cash than the supplier. 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

OME

This probably puts it into perspective, a quote from AS&S re Torque-Seal ---- "This is considered hazardous and will cost a minimum of $400.00 for 1 or 100 tubes" ---- so buying local for 'hazardous' items is the way to go.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Jake J

That's probably why many aircraft importers just use red nail polish as I suggested...found that out when I bought my CT...they just used red nail polish and it was easy to see if any nut/bolt had moved

• Caution 1

Guest Toally87

Cheap nail pollish is the Go. the cheap stuff makes a good indicator as it's a bit more lumpy and thicker than expensive stuff.

Cheap nail pollish is the Go. the cheap stuff makes a good indicator as it's a bit more lumpy and thicker than expensive stuff.

You are on to it Toally87, go to a cheap shop $1.00 a bottle there and if you are lucky there will be some testers open so us men can check for thickness, color etc., etc..

This exercise reminds me of the space pen the US spent millions developing it the Russians used a pencil, we do not have to spend a fortune on seals.

Keith Page

Guest davehw

You blokes have it all worked out by the sound of it. Wonder if they make cheap nail polish in fluro colours. Reckon that would be perfect.

Dave.

Ignition...there are around 20,000 products and at around 15mins per product to add into the shop properly I would need a full time assistant as the site comes first...just ring me on 03 9444-8025 or PM me anything that you need if it isn't listed in the shop

Hi Ian,

Just got in late thisarvo. from the OLD STATION fly-in. Another great weekend, and planning is on already for another one next year.

Mate can you give me some info. on flat card compass to fit to the old lightwing please, the only ones I've found so far are marine ones

Cheers Davo.

PS. It's to replace one of the old instruments, and also a analogue clock for the panel. thanks mate:big_grin:

Guest Toally87

Ah the space pen, my boss has one, aparently writes under water aswell challenged him to try it but he couldn't get paper that didn't fall apart underwater....

engineers need i say more

Toally

PS emu i've got a lovely pink you can borrow