Cattle Guards

Admin

A TRUE STORY (or so I am told)

Cattle Guards

zzz1.jpg.9fa2c6a55d5c62b23fa8a0ed3113aac5.jpg

Australian government at work

You will love this one, I haven't stopped laughing For those of you who have never travelled to the country , cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

Last year, Kevin Rudd received and was reading a report that there were over 10,000 cattle guards in NSW & Queensland. Graziers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Minister to fire half of the cattle guards immediately!!

Before the Minister could respond and presumably try to straighten him out, Minister for Employment Julia Gillard, intervened with a request that before any cattle guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining.

And now she is running the country.

A TRUE STORY (or so I am told)Cattle Guards

[ATTACH=full]13884[/ATTACH]

Australian government at work

You will love this one, I haven't stopped laughing For those of you who have never travelled to the country , cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

Last year, Kevin Rudd received and was reading a report that there were over 10,000 cattle guards in NSW & Queensland. Graziers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Minister to fire half of the cattle guards immediately!!

Before the Minister could respond and presumably try to straighten him out, Minister for Employment Julia Gillard, intervened with a request that before any cattle guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining.

And now she is running the country.

We calls 'em 'cattle grids' in this here southern state.003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Like 1

Here is a bit of info for you, the reason grids work, is because cattle, and horses for that matter have no depth perseption, so i guess all they see is a big hole, no idea how deep :),

That why cattle and horses normally will jump into a water hole, because they cant tell how deep it is.

you wil actually find in some places there are just lines painted on the road to look like a grid, they work til the cattle work it out.

heres something else for you, cattle will walk up steps but not down(can be forced, but they dont want to, again because they cant tell how far to the next step)

Caattle not being able to walk down steps is s Furfy. I milked a herd of cows that for every milking walked up and down 3 steps. Never the slightest problem. the depth perception problem relates to politicians, they cannot gauge the depth of out pockets.

• Like 1