• 1 month later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG, You've done it again! ......

(edited..mod) I have "reported" your post, as I hope others will too, as I consider that your "post's with a purpose" are not suitable for this forum. (noted..mod)

• Agree 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Kevin,

Started reading through your construction for you beautiful Sierra 100. Just couple question I need answering if you don't mind.

What tools were necessary and how much did it cost? What extra options were available when purchasing the kit and how much did that cost? Last question, where did you buy your electronics?

Hi Kevin! You're going like a house on fire there! I too broke a (chinese) vice bending the diagonal (seat back support) tubing. I've slowed down a bit lately as I've been working on fibreglass bits. I have to agree with Sloper ... I hate fibreglass!!! I'm also waiting on the seats/upholstery which I'd like to have before deciding on a final fore/aft position for the rudder pedal bars. With no adjustment available, I need to get that right. Seems the upholsterer in Taree has a three month backlog of work. How happy are you with the rudder pedal height? I would have thought it would be a bit difficult to lift feet up to the pedal tops, particularly as the need for brake application can come out of the blue quite suddenly. I've been considering lowering mine by an inch but am wide open to thoughts and suggestions. John.

Where did you buy seats/upholstery?

Hi Kevin,Started reading through your construction for you beautiful Sierra 100. Just couple question I need answering if you don't mind.

What tools were necessary and how much did it cost? What extra options were available when purchasing the kit and how much did that cost? Last question, where did you buy your electronics?

I didn't have any special tools other that an air pop rivetter. Other than that just imperial spanners & drills & good sheet metal shears. I also bought a cheap air chisel & a rivet snap fitting for the solid rivets. The basic kit was around 50K if I remember correctly with a Jab 4 cyl engine. I think I'd spent about 70K by the time I was finished. I put a 6cyl Jab engine in & had a bunch of extras like Matco disc brakes, winglets, upgraded upholstery (Garry Morgan had it made & it was too expensive but I paid for it anyway) Wing tanks, LED strobes, Dynon EFIS, EGT & carb temp gauges etc from Aircraft Spruce. All other instruments came with the kit & engine. The kit had most things but I ended up buying better fuel line, extra wiring, more connectors, more (better) oil hose. I don't think it matters what kit you buy there are always extras. Ray Tolhurst of Wedgetail Aircraft is now the manufacturer.