July Edition of Sport Pilot Magazine

Admin

Guest Escadrille

Honestly sometimes when I read some of the criticisms in this forum I reckon some of you blokes need to get a job or another serious distraction in your lives, failing that go flying and refocus on the real issues...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get to choose the issues that I want to raise here (within the rules of the forum). Doesn't mean that I don't address other issues elsewhere - in any case that is my business.

Guest ozzie

Now here's something worth talking about. Hurling. What a madmans game that one is. I first stumbled across this on some sports programe about 20 years ago. I played a fair bit of hockey at school but is was mesmerised by these two absolute mad crazy Irish teams. The game moves so fast i did not have a chance to keep up to what the hell the commentators where saying except for the odd mention of Paddy and Seanus. All the players were built like front row forwards with no noses and teeth. Still can't work out more than some basic rules, there can't be much more than that, i mean like how the hell do you pull a game up that moves that fast. The end caption on that clip says Be Brave

it just don't do it justice.

ozzie.

Oh yeah i do not have my mag yet.

Guest Escadrille

1. Well as I said Turbo honestly there are some very real issues out there that can impact on flying our aircraft (whether the pilots have allegiances to differing fraternities RAA, SAAA or GA),and its in that context we should focus on flying , availability of airfields, operating and maintaining our aircraft, flying safely, recruiting new members and keeping our noses clean so CASA, and other interested bodies aren't given ammo to curb the very excellent privileges we all enjoy now.... I just get frustrated with all the bickering I guess 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

And sniping at minutae doesn't help in my opinion...So Sorry Grumpy ol Aerobat:head_hurts:

Escadrille this thread is about the magazine.

The beauty of this forum is that you can start your own threads, or join in discussions on focusing on flying, availability of airfields, operating and maintaining our aircraft, flying safely, recruiting new members, and even keeping our noses clean.

Quote: "I reckon some of you blokes need to get a job or another serious distraction in your lives" - that's not sniping?

now we have ...."Hurling and Camogie".....and .........'Hurling at Commode'................i'm getting confused!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are Sports you'll probably find them in the new Sport Pilot Magazine, that's assuming some pilots play those sports, but then again are they

Recreational Flyers Sports....I'm going to check with The Board since they are the ones who decide on names.

Alan Marriette....The Confuser.109_groan.gif.66f71fc85b2fabe1695703d67c904c24.gif

• Like 2

Guest Escadrille

Turbo yes the thread is about the magazine and I believe the current comments concerning (the mag) are over the top and harsh...all right TB I accept the "sniping" criticism.Ok the forum does provide an opportunity to voice opinion so I voiced mine, but some of you can't accept that ... so I can't disagree with the chosen ones:pull hair: hey?

Anyway TB I still reckon there is way too much negative comment which is

not helping RAA look cohesive..

So guys and gals go flying,be happy,stay focused on the privileges we have got, and watch out for the agents working ,if innocently by looking for more privileges,for big brother...you have been warned many times.041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

Escadrille - I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with me. Some of the issues that you mention I may comment on in another thread, I may take some action elsewhere (eg respond to a CASA NPRM) or I may decide to do nothing about some issues (eg I have no interest in recruiting new members). Here I have chosen to comment on this issue of the magazine.

Are you saying that I was criticising a trivial detail? The only thing that I criticised in this thread was the useful load of a specific type which is not trivia in my opinion.

Guest Escadrille

" the useful load of a specific type" Que?? Sorry DJP I reckon we have crossed wires..

However I stick to my original assertion :

"Honestly sometimes when I read some of the criticisms in this forum I reckon some of you blokes need to get a job or another serious distraction in your lives, failing that go flying and refocus on the real issues... "

No mag today but I have seen one at a Newsagent.Col - loved that video on Hurling. And I thought hockey could be pretty dangerous especially played by greatly determined but low-skilled people like myself and on rough surface fields.

If anyone buys the magazine they will not of course get the ballot papers with the copy from the newsagent.

Please do take the time to read the candidate statements, ask us all the questions you can think of and please do vote. It is very important that we all exercise our democratic rights if we are to end up with the best Association we can have with Board Members responsive to the Members who elect them.

Hi All

I agree with Don. Think about your Candidates, ask questions of them but above all vote and make it count. Don't forget to put your Member number on the reply paid envelope to make sure your vote is valid.

Best Regards

ED

Regarding the voting, both the ballot paper and the return envelope are with the mag but placed in between the mag and the front sheet which has your name and address printed on. I received my envelope but not the ballot paper. The problem has been fixed by Julie Roll (Raa us). On recollection it may have been my fault because I always 'shred' anything that has my name and address on it, so it is possible the ballot paper may have gone into the shredder also. Just thought I would mention it as they are not inside the magazine itself.

As Ed Herring has advised don't forget to put your membership number ON THE BACK of the envelope.

Alan Marriette.

There is a shred of evidence that the evidence was shredded.037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up Alan, have just gone to rescue mine from the shredding pile.

As for the mag - I like it, they have addressed some of the minor presentation issues from issue one and it now looks like something I'd pick up at the newsagents. Had to laugh at the rebuttal of the "ads, ads, ads" comment under feedback, turns out there were less ads than in previous editions:oh yeah:. Having had quite a bit to do with writing for and producing a glossy about half the thickness of our mag, I think the editorial team have done a good job under the circumstances - at any rate the trend is in the right direction.

Still no magazine!!!! 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif ranting.gif.5470ae857812d977cdbca23fadaf1614.gifsplat.gif.4fe5615d47cdda8649f5910181ed23f2.gif

Don't worry, mine don't usually turn up till the end of the month as we don't get mail every day outa 'ere! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Guest ozzie

I just picked up my magazine from my PO Box. first thing i did was read through the contenders for NSW. And made my decision based on what i read and what has been disscussed in the earlier threads. i hope others have based their vote on the issues and not on a 'he's my mate' view. Good chance to get the members back in control here.

Good luck to those running for the first time.

ozzie

Guest ozzie

just flicking thru the mag and read the feedback from the forum. The editor won that round on points. The only comment i have on one of the replies, is the one by 'fly_tornado'.

Uncle Ted in his shed image?

You belong to the wrong outfit mate!