Head in the clouds

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-01/refugee-builds-homemade-plane/2818326

This young bloke is exactly the sort of person we need. It's good to see Mick Poole is at least aware of his project. I sure hope someone knowledgable is mentoring him; his pride and joy doesn't look too stable.

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They phoned me the other day to go on camera and say something but I suggested it would be better if our Ops Manager Mick Poole did it so I gave them Mick's phone number and obviously he did it...that kid, if steered right, will have a great future

I reckon it`s brilliant and more so, if no one is trying to stop him!!!:thumb_up:

Whether or not it flies, is irrelevant! The fact he`s having a go, is what it`s all about!!!

AUF/RAA was originaly set up to keep it simple and give those who had no other way of flying, (for whatever reason), a chance to have a go!!!

Frank.

• Like 3

Ditto all the above but under what category is it built? Twin engines can only be used on 103 experimental if my memory serves me correct, but in that cat', there's a fairly low weight penalty. I doubt if this lads plane fits that spec. Surely, John would have pointed that out, or was he trying to be kind and not spoil the lads dream.

I have some great news...Solomon has joined the site and will have some more great news later when I can get on to motzartmerv so stay tuned

Welcome buddy! :thumb_up:

Keep up the good work, and I hope all the best to you. I'm a young fella also, and build a lot of things, but not an aeroplane, keep it up.

• Like 1

I am extremely happy to announce that I have spoken to Solomon and to motzartmerv and can advise that Motza has offered to train Solomon to Solo for free. Motza has also organised an aircraft to be donated for the training as well what's more is that as Solomon is in Melbourne and Motza is in Nowra, he will fly down and pick Solomon up and start him on his lessons on the way up. He has also organised accommodation for Solomon up there as well plus a talk with some pilots there who are currently building their own aircraft.

I am going to put it to the board that the RAAus donates a Student Membership for Solomon as well

What more can I say but a huge...no MASSIVE thanks to Motzartmerv and the crew at Jaspers Brush for helping out this kid who has shown the dream to one day fly

• Like 4

Who's gunna offer the kid an apprenticeship to become a LAME with L2 priviledges? He's the type of person who should be trained in maintenance so he can earn a living, and then he can be a pilot for the joy of it.

OME

• Like 1

Good onya Soloman...

And thanx to everyone for the kind ones, as soon as i saw the news clip i thought i gotta get this Lad in an aeroplane.

Liz (foxy) is the one who deserves the thanx, she has offered the use of her J170 for the training.

I reckon a bloke like soloman deserves all the encouragement and nudges in the right direction he can get, and where better than in the RAA.

Soloman, i will call you tomorrow afternoon (after school) to get the ball rolling.

cheers

• Like 3

Thank you MM (and Liz) for looking after our future. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Solomon, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif We all have the best wishes for you. Please keep us up to date with your training and your AC.

Peter

• Like 1

I am extremely happy to announce that I have spoken to Solomon and to motzartmerv and can advise that Motza has offered to train Solomon to Solo for free.

Goodonya Motz 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif........012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Frank.