Dave Sykes Has Landed in Oz

Ronin

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He certainly has some big testicles...I have been following his progress and reading the blogs...would be nice if he could have kept the regular updates but we all know how fickle bloody computers can be sometimes. He is a amazing chap and must have a personal drive that not a lot of other have thats for sure. Its an epic trip

Mark

Given that he's overflown every large body of water he can find, I'm not sure avoiding tiger country is on his agenda :-)

I was going to drop by Bankstown this arvo, but guess he won't be there for then. Shame. I spoke to Airport Information, and they couldn't really think of where he might taxi to, other than suggesting I go to the 'terminal' at Airport Drive?

Yep looks like weather has him at Dubbo for a short while, poor bloke this last couple legs is gonna seem like forever, will be at his final leg some sort of camera going so hopefully will get something to pop on here when he gets to that Newcastle final.. Eric

Reading his blog... it almost sounds like he flew most of the way from England at less than 1000 feet... at times down to 500 feet and pushing on.... He says he is scared of heights!! This guy has cannon balls.

If I ws in an hour or so drive from where he lands I would hot foot it down there and say hello and congratulate him for sure...I am impressed at his will and strength of character...I doubt if I could do it and I am able bodied

Mark

I have been watching same as you guys, i wonder if he know as you say how many people are watching over him, I fly out of Maitland and if i get an idea that's where he is heading i am in a car with a camera, and only 10mins away from Wallsend so on my way there as well.....Eric

After reading his blog about Charleville I felt sorry I hadn't whistled up my flying mates, BOM friends, and friends of the RFDS who would have seen to his ailments without hesitation and gotten him accommodation, transport, fuel and hangar and full weather.

Darn....

Look forward to some Forumite pics

Not getting much work done here, either.

Sue