Dave Sykes Has Landed in Oz

Ronin

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, well i did get there just after he landed so didn't get anything of him in sky but there is a hope to get some footage over next few days the word from the man is he is going possibly Thursday or Friday to Bankstown he may or may not land but definitely wants to fly through and then return to Wallsair, I am arranging with the guys from there to be around with a slightly better camera to get some of that footage, I did get to meet him and have a quick yap, he was tired but happy and quite friendly, i am attaching a few photos and i am going to pop a short vid up of him discussing the trip in short with Jeff Blunt one of the Gyro pilots from Wallsair, remarkable guy and a pleasure to meet, note in one of the photos with me beer already in hand supplied by Rob from Airborne, they are going to organise to pack the bird for it's return trip FOC and also try and get a freight company on board to sponsor it's return, there was only the three of us on site to meet him, dam shame about the press around here at times.

609684225_DaveEric1.jpg.911c266911d82e3f30a5e3dffb210759.jpg

1837972881_Daveafterhoppingout1.jpg.09b31a87f90084bc2f0fa659d9f9f095.jpg

1494864184_DaveinHangar1.jpg.daa3ffb922f7b8c69547873c9757bf4e.jpg

483695659_EricDave1.jpg.1f3d94e9d3945a3af13c2579c1fa76bf.jpg

1513882658_Givesasmile1.jpg.ef1753adbf548869342dd702b84dc2ba.jpg

1440419534_Justparked1.jpg.227653148ce59fe9d702e00f24a00c8f.jpg

Did actually, but as i mentioned he is quite a remarkable guy, seemed quite humble but was happy even after his trip today to pose for a photo and just have a yap, i hope everyone likes the photos it was a bit of a rush so i apologise that i did not get more, also will have that small vid up shortly as well it is not great quality as the camera is not my usual, so i again hope that everyone like it, it is brief but i am hoping to catch up with him over the latter part of the week and get something better.....Eric

Thanks for the pics Ronin...Dave is a legend there is no doubt about it. I would think the Airborne guys here would be falling over themselves to help him as you couldn't get a better advert for your aircraft after his trip. Glad someone from the forum was there to meet him...I hope you told him he has a lot of people riding with him looking every 10mins for that bloody spot gps to come up

Mark

. I would think the Airborne guys here would be falling over themselves to help him as you couldn't get a better advert for your aircraft after his trip.

I think it is a pretty good gesture from Airborne to help out the way they are because it is not an airborne trike it is a P&M

Regards Bill

Just a side note for you, anybody that is in the Newcastle area, we have left word with the guys here that are taking care of Dave while in the area, it may be a bit of very late notice but he may be able to do a get together with some people for a meal and drink, but we will not know until late so will keep you apprised.....Eric

Looks like he is doing Victor 1 offshore around Sydney. Hope he gets some whales out thee. It is a great.day for flying in the.Sydney basic today. He has picked a.good one. There is still no indication of his.intentions

Col