Aircraft crash north of Melbourne

Guest davidh10
Have a look at the little counter up in the top RH corner when you post David, it's well out of sight I know - HF issue. The new software seems slower

If by "little counter", you mean the animated activity indicator bar; It had hung there for about 20 seconds on each occasion before disappearing, but nothing happened and the editable post remained. It seems the browser is spending some time communicating with Google PlusOne and then FarceBook...maybe it is just a server side timeout that does not always survive delays in Google and Farcebook service integrations.

• 2 years later...
Sad to see the late David Hunt's comments - who would know that he was to go soon also.

This may seem like a petty thing, but it is also a little sad to see someone like David amended to "guest" by the software default. Perhaps when times are quiet admin might be able to change that to something a little more appropriate. Maybe "gone west" or another similar aviation related phrase.

• Agree 3

It would be hard to add anything to that report. Personally I have consistently questioned the validity of NIGHT VFR. It seems the CASA are at that point too. Being capable of flying on instruments, which is mentioned as an optional method of navigating , requires much more training and recency compliance. Nev

• Agree 1

It would be hard to add anything to that report. Personally I have consistently questioned the validity of NIGHT VFR. It seems the CASA are at that point too. Being capable of flying on instruments, which is mentioned as an optional method of navigating , requires much more training and recency compliance. Nev

Yes, Part 61 will partially sort that out. I agree - you need lots of rigorous IF practice to safely fly NVMC where there are no reference lights. I seems likely that there will be a large exodus of pilots from holding NVMC once standards are tightened. A good thing too. pot

• Agree 1

Totally agree, I've never understood the logic of on the one hand requiring very strict training and recency for IFR, and on the other letting amateurs up at night as long as they promise they can see everything.