New to Rec flying

Welcome! I'm fairly new to this flying thing too, haven't gone solo yet. I have gotten used to turbulence though, seeing as approaching one of the runways here usually resembles a rollercoaster ride due to thermals and such from wetlands. It may be somewhat different when my instructor decides to jump out though!Congrats on going solo!

Thanks I thought I was alright with the turbulence also until I went solo also I find it handles much differently when I am Solo very climby and takes a bit more to persuade it to come down not that that is a problem. I just some times wonder if I am creating my own turbulence or it is all to do with weight difference. How many hours have you done?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I need a 80 kg sand bag for when I am solo, or visit Mc Donalds a lot more.

Not a problem 348.

My over-weight mother-in-law will be arriving at your place tomorrow at 0600hrs, and it'll be like an early winters morning flight for you, and I only charge 20 bucks an hour for her services.

If the truth be known, i'd even send her for free, just to get get out of the house. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Not a problem 348.My over-weight mother-in-law will be arriving at your place tomorrow at 0600hrs, and it'll be like an early winters morning flight for you, and I only charge 20 bucks an hour for her services.

If the truth be known, i'd even send her for free, just to get get out of the house. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Thanks for your thoughts they were much appreciated. LOL:roflmao: But the early winters morning sounds good:thumb up:

Hi 348

Gusts and turbulance is always a challenge and can be quite unnerving to the newly initiated. I used to fly fix wings, then trikes, and now gyro's. Now days as long as its not raining then I'm flying. Turbulance, is a non issue to a gyroplane, which means more time in the air. 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Safe Flying

regards SamL...............

I see you fly from Mangalore I came over there not to long ago and did a TIF in a R22 there with Han from Kestrel . I really liked it but the $ and the distance from home put me off.

Apart from weight have you any tips on making the ride better? or is it just time to get used to it?

I see you fly from Mangalore I came over there not to long ago and did a TIF in a R22 there with Han from Kestrel . I really liked it but the $ and the distance from home put me off.Apart from weight have you any tips on making the ride better? or is it just time to get used to it?

Han's is a real gentlman, and a good flight intructor I'm told. Yes helo's are great fun but training, and operating costs can be limiting for some. Not sure what you mean with reference to the ride? Are you refering to Helo's or Gyro's?

I meant in the fixed wing for the tips on the ride through the turbulence.

Slow down, or get up high above the turbulence. Also as some have suggested extra weight also helps, as it increases the aircrafts wing loading.

Regards SamL...........

• 1 month later...
Hi My name is Tim, I am just new to this flying stuff. I have always wanted to give it a go, and now I am. I have been flying a Tecnam and am really enjoying it have done about 15h with 4h solo. I found this site by just cruising about and thought I would join in Hope fully get some good tips and advice. Thanks

For all who asked I passed my flight test Last Thursday and now just to do a couple more hours for my first pax

• Like 1

For all who asked I passed my flight test Last Thursday and now just to do a couple more hours for my first pax

Congratulations 348 " as the Toyota ad says, "Oh what a feeling"

Well done, another milestone of many along the way.

Kind regards

Planey

Congrats 348! Well done!Now the big question will be "Who's going to be the first pax?"

Yep that is the big question. I already have had many put them selves on the waiting list but the one who I would like to be she just wont be in it.

Yep that is the big question. I already have had many put them selves on the waiting list but the one who I would like to be she just wont be in it.

Ahh, I know THAT feeling. Don't push it, eventually she'll come round (hopefully). After 5 years, my wife is contemplating her third flight with me. The conditions have to be just perfect, and she has the advantage of time on her side.

Peter