C152 @ Bankstown

Spin

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/plane-crashes-into-bankstown-airport-car-park/story-e6freuzi-1226146775378

Apparently a Cessna crashed after take off/ on landing - into the car park / a nearby paddock:scratching head: depending who you ask. Photo shows it upside down at any rate. Both occupants got out ok I hear:thumb_up:

Really good to see no injuries though,I think if I ever have to face the media after an incident it'll be "no comment" from me , the truth won't be reported so better not to give the buggers fodder to twist. On a brighter note the person looking to put a rotax in a 152 might have a good donor now!!

What's wrong with the report MM?

Can you imagine if they broadcast a story for every single car/motorcyle accident in the country where all occupants walked away without any injuries?

Getting sick of the "falling out of the sky" statement from the media but what can we do?

Not exactly a fender bender. This guy did everything right to survive; good Mayday call, kept flying speed, didn't stall and kill anyone, nice change, and the reporting was OK.

Remember the people who read the media (your neighbours and relatives) don't want to read about the thousands of fish that swim along the beach, just the occasional shark.

In fact how many threads have you seen here on greasing a set of wheel bearings, or the various philosophies of the walk around?

• Like 2

I have very fond memories of that plane with George my instructor (f111 and blackhawk pilot).

Bugger.

Glad all ok.

I always remember promising if engine failed towards final I would use the Golf course- not of out need maybe but just would be a great use of a golf course. All that green grass wasted on golfers.

• 4 weeks later...

Taken from the NineMSN report: "Cessna's website states the 152 is a "classic" model which has been "the backbone of flight training for decades".

The Cessna 152 was produced from 1978 to 1985."

Are they starting to suggest we are flying old, decrepit A/C? Heaven alone knows where this could lead or am I just being a suspicious, grumpy old man?bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gifbad_mood.gif.7b50cffb85f0fc5f255d2cc8627140ad.gif