Politics and this site

Admin

Hi All

The changes that have been made over the last few days is the start of cleaning up this site. I have never wanted politics to be a part of it and over the last 12 months they have been at the forefront of much of the site's content. At one stage I was so displeased with the way politics was used here to individual's own political gains that I even said to a couple of them that I wanted to split the site and have a completely different site just for their politics but they strongly argued against that as it wasn't what they wanted. So this site continued on with the political gains of some.

I even created a poll some time back to see whether others felt like I did but afterwards realised that those that voted for politics were here for the politics and not what I set this site up for.

I had enough of it and this site will not be used to feather the political gains of individuals.

I was also drawn into this trap and I didn't like what I was seeing so it had to stop which is why I have and am removing all opportunity in users, forums, threads and posts so it won't go down that track again.

I am getting the site back to being a helpful resource to all recreational aviators which is why the entire Governing Bodies forum was removed. I ran this by a couple of Moderators and they also agreed with me in the way this site should be used from this point on...a resource for pilots to help each other through their experiences and knowledge with no political or secret agendas.

Years ago this was a friendly and helpful resource that helped so many and that was always the intent of the site and from this point on, with the expanded forums and more that is coming up, you will again be able to use this site in the way it was always intended, a valuable resource away from political agendas and just down right friendly help and assistance in your flying endeavours.

I have removed several users from the site and deleted many posts to get the site content back to being of value to all recreational aviators.

I ask if there is anyone else that still want to play political games then please find somewhere else to do that then here.

I hope you understand why I have taken this hard decision as I just want this site to get back to being about flying and helping each other. The further enhancements that are coming up would also be hampered if there were politics here so it is all in line with transforming this site into what I believe you will really enjoy and make great use of as it was always intended...thanks for your time

• Like 8

Well said Ian, I for one am glad you have taken these measures, leave politics somewhere else, I joined to have fun to learn some things to assist me with my training and now that I have finally achieved my certification or the first part of it anyway, (passenger endorsement next), I want to share a vid of my experiences here and there, maybe get the odd like for them any comments that can help me and perhaps if someone else that comes along that is just new and needs those small words of encouragement I can do that, cheers mate from me and I think that the majority of people here will be happy with this as well, if there not well you cannot please everybody. Thanks Ian......Eric:thank you:

• Like 4

Thanks guys and as they say "Sticks and Stones..." and it is a big risk but there is a greater good that needs to be achieved here then politics

• Like 1

The Events, Trips and Flyins forum has been strengthened and moved up the forums list for this reason so how about it folks, did you go for a fly on the weekend, just post "I went for a fly in a X and did..."...tell us about it, join in, everyone wants to hear about what we fly and when we fly it...

Yes, for the sake of this site it all had to stop...it was being used as a political tool.

Some individuals intentions were clear and by using this site and egging myself and others on, it just had to stop...I don't want myself or this site be measured in terms of "Power" but rather it be extensively known as a "Service and Helpful"...so I hope you can all see that and just leave it at that and in the past

I support what you have done, Ian. For too long this site has been used by RAA as its de facto forum because it was not willing or IT savvy enough to have a forum on its own site. I'm not a member of the RAA, so the political huff 'n' puff was of no great interest to me. (Yeah, I know I've made some comments).

I love the way the site has expanded on the building side. I can't wait to start posting in that section. As a matter of fact, I'm going to do some reading over lunchtime to get some info for my first post.

OME

• Like 1

The discussion of politics when things are going well is always a lot different than when things are a mess. Awareness of the ongoing issues with the RAA only seemed to diminish my confidence in the leadership.

I don't know what most people on the site are looking for. I was surprised how little interest there was in my trip to Reno, Its one of the top avication destinations.

I think you may have had considerable interest , I know I was very interested, but feedback and comments were few and far between.Perhaps some forumites are more interested in local trips within Australia.

Just my two bobs worth.

Alan.

• Like 1

Well Ian I must admit that I was interested in what was happening or rather not happening on the Board however it was becoming political and argumentative so I definitely agree with your change in direction.

I intend to remain on this forum so you will all have to put up with my warped sense of humour.100_please.gif.86b3bfbc115b0271e90584d59019e59a.gif

Alan.

Tornado

Actually I was reading your trip regularly intact I was logging in every day a few times to read your posts...I realise it was difficult to get a connection a lot of the time but its been a great thread....I have been keeping up with it with interest especially the outcome of the GG crash with the CG problem

Mark

Hi AllThe changes that have been made over the last few days is the start of cleaning up this site. I have never wanted politics to be a part of it and over the last 12 months they have been at the forefront of much of the site's content. At one stage I was so displeased with the way politics was used here by the likes of David Isaac and Blackrod and others to their own political gains that I even said to them that I wanted to split the site and have a completely different site just for their politics but they strongly argued against that as it wasn't what they wanted. So this site continued on with the political gains of some.

I even created a poll some time back to see whether others felt like I did but afterwards realised that those that voted for politics were here for the politics and not what I set this site up for.

I had enough of it and this site will not be used to feather the political gains of individuals.

I was also drawn into this trap and I didn't like what I was seeing so it had to stop which is why I have and am removing all opportunity in users, forums, threads and posts so it won't go down that track again.

I am getting the site back to being a helpful resource to all recreational aviators which is why the entire Governing Bodies forum was removed. I ran this by a couple of Moderators and they also agreed with me in the way this site should be used from this point on...a resource for pilots to help each other through their experiences and knowledge with no political or secret agendas.

Years ago this was a friendly and helpful resource that helped so many and that was always the intent of the site and from this point on, with the expanded forums and more that is coming up, you will again be able to use this site in the way it was always intended, a valuable resource away from political agendas and just down right friendly help and assistance in your flying endeavours.

I have removed several users from the site and deleted many posts to get the site content back to being of value to all recreational aviators.

I ask if there is anyone else that still want to play political games then please find somewhere else to do that then here.

I hope you understand why I have taken this hard decision as I just want this site to get back to being about flying and helping each other. The further enhancements that are coming up would also be hampered if there were politics here so it is all in line with transforming this site into what I believe you will really enjoy and make great use of as it was always intended...thanks for your time

Hi Ian

Well done and i think you have made the correct decision for the right reasons. You have proved beyond doubt that RA-Aus Members and other Aviation enthusiasts want a Recreational Flying Forum and your dedication ( not to mention time and money ) gives us just that. Yes the politics gets out of hand in any forum so it is great to have a resourse without the political inuendos and arguments. Of course i also believe that the moderators should edit or delete any post that is detrimental to any person, cause or incident.

Best Regards

ED

• Like 3

Thanks Ed, that means a lot to me coming from you and for some years now, you have always known what I "really" wanted for this site so thanks

• Like 1