Country Airstrips Guide or Aopa National airfield directory

Spriteah

Ok guys and gals. I'm told a need to by a CAG but note it's not cheap and only covers Vic and Tas (where I live). Does the Aopa book have all the details as well but Australia wide?

Any advice greatly accepted. (as would an electronic copy is there is such a thing).

Regards,

Jim.

PS. Does Lismore Victoria have a strip? Cannot see it on Google Satellite.

I've the got the AOPA book which I haven't used a lot yet, but I just looked up the Lismore/Eildon (?) and it does have a strip, though permission required to operate off of it. 37' 56S 143' 21E

I've the got the AOPA book which I haven't used a lot yet, but I just looked up the Lismore/Eildon (?) and it does have a strip, though permission required to operate off of it. 37' 56S 143' 21E

Not Eildon, Tomo but the co-ordinates put it just north of Lismore

Peter

I've purchased both AOPA and Country Airstrips Guide for WA and QLD. Yet to utilise either of them.

What I was hoping for when buying the CAG was a detailed report on aviators flyaway holidays with flightpaths and experiences/recommendations. Unfortunately it doesn't detail this type of report but I think it's worth the buy nonetheless.

Chris

Ok guys and gals. I'm told a need to by a CAG but note it's not cheap and only covers Vic and Tas (where I live). Does the Aopa book have all the details as well but Australia wide?Any advice greatly accepted. (as would an electronic copy is there is such a thing).

Regards,

Jim.

PS. Does Lismore Victoria have a strip? Cannot see it on Google Satellite.

Did the our airports web site help with what you wanted Spriteah.

Yes it did. Great web site thanks for that... I still cannot see and airfield there but at least I know where it is meant to be....

Jim, the airfield is about a kilometre NNW of the aeroplane symbol on the "ourairports" google map. The strips are faint to see but are there blink.gif.7ee21b69ed31ab2b1903acc52ec4cc3f.gif