Video: Sydney Victor 1 flight

Ultralights

the camera is just a Gopro, taking a picture every 2 seconds, then all pics made into the movie.

The V1, or Victor 1 actually starts at Port hacking, then ends at North head, and max alt is 500ft. past that, its the usual 500 ft CTA steps to about 2500 over most of the sydney basin. but i decided to fly the entire coast at 500ft.

the V1 itself can get quite busy with seaplanes and choppers coming in and out of Sydney heads at 500 or 1000 ft. once past long reef, the only other traffic is the sea lanes at 1000 or 1500 heading up to the Hawksbury.

tips for V1 are, make sure you are on the YSSY (kingsford smith) QNH, and the right frequency, and monitor 124.55 if you can monitor 2 or more at once. and dont coastal fly between Bondi and the point north of Botany Bay. there is a few couple of miles (2 ish) you will be unable to glide to land if the noise stops, so wearing or having a life jacket is mandatory for V1.

• 1 year later...

Hi UL - that was really good - not usually a fan of sped up video OR music in aviation vids, but this one worked really nice! What was the music? Reminded me a bit of Deep Purple or similar. Good stuff. Do you happen to have an un-sped-up version of the Victor 1 flight?

Sadly the music was added by youtube, something about copyright or sum such nonsense about the Aussie artist music i used. sadly, no slow version as its a made from single still images taken every 2 seconds, so if you slow it down, just starts to look like a really fast jerky slideshow.

Guest Maj Millard

Nice video, it's on my list to fly Victor 1 sometime in the Lightwing. Thanks .................................Maj...011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif