Congratulations Steve Runciman..our new RAAus president

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Congratulations to Steve and all new board members. This makes the second person from the Townsville area who has ascended to the top position in our sporting organization, the first of course being Lee Ungerman. Both flew at some stage from Montpelier Airpark, and Lee also trained and flew at Woodstock further out, then named 'Ace base' but now named 'Starke Field' in honour of the late Bill Starke, who was the kingpin for Uls here in the early days. I know Steve has the goodwill and needs of the members high up on his priority list.

With Steves' election I am hoping we can now look foward to a more 'open' RAAus organization, and one that consults and listens to the wants and wishes of all members. A new and fresh beginning hopefully, and the chance for all of us to get behind Steve and the board, and to steer our already very successfull organization further onward and upwards !...................Ross Millard (Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I fully support that view, though I have no real knowledge of whether the area has some particular charcteristic that produces emminent persons. There is plenty of real work for the Board to do. Best wishes to all on the board, and I hope they are well supported. Nev

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

I think the fact that we have recieved both the minutes of the board meeting, and the annual financial report with this months' magazine is one very positive sign for the future 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif.......................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Well perusing it over breakfast today as I did, two things stood out to me.

One; It is in a format that the average person can sort of understand, or at least decipher the bottom line. I really liked the fact that the comparison figures between 2010 and 2011 were included.

Two: There are some glaring changes this year in some expenses. IE: Legal expenses 2010-$6,341 2011-$399 !

Meetings: 2010-$9353 2011-$1660 ! But most telling of all presidents' expenses 2010-11,831 2011-

$933 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what the !!?? that's a massive decrease.....

Would it be out of place to expect Eugene Reid to explain what he spent $11, 000 of our money on representing us as president ??..................................................Maj... 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

When you compare the two years it does make one wonder what was going on. legal fees? defence or action?

Also interesting that one of the main players was absent at the meeting. Wasn't because of the greater turn up of members?