Drifter Pics

Tex

Hey pudYeah definetly gunna change the colour scheme its a bit ugly at the moment, finding it hard to decide what colours to go with. To many to choose from!!

They are a great aircraft I did 10hrs in a tecnam when I first started my training, then moved to the drifter because of hr rate diffrence and loved it totally different kind of flying, compared to being in a enclosed cab.

Great machine to learn in too they can take a hard landing here and there and not worry them, tho I've found with this one being the light maxair compared to the austflight I trained in its nearly impossible to land hard just wants to float on every time its awesome!!

Jamie

Wayne has a pretty good little website for checking out the colours you might like to try. You probably have seen it already but go here to have a look. http://xsymetrix.com.au/wingskin/ie5/index.html?dhtmlActivation=inplace

I can see you are going to have fun with your Drifter Bacon, and good luck with sorting the windscreen issue. It shouldn't be too much of a problem to come up with something that looks good and is relatively unobtrusive whilst deflecting most of the wind. You just need to take a bit of care when working polycarbonate to relieve the edge stresses and where you drill holes, to minimise cracking. You probably know about that stuff already so don't mind me putting my 2 bobs worth in.

Cheers,

Pud

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just because...

standalone

'Crazy Trike Pilots'

standalone

So we all agree? The key goes in there....

standalone

OK so no Drifter in this one but there were a couple very near by,

standalone

Is that Worminator in the second pick? and his new trike? I flew him in the 206 to go have a look at one, never heard if he got it. Selwyn, always posing for the photo... haha

• 2 weeks later...

Flew out west on Wednesday: Boonah - Dalby - Tara then Tara - Boonah on Thursday. 5.5hrs 85.3L

standalone

Looking Nth after crossing at the Gap

standalone

Looking South

standalone

Nth towards Toowoomba from near Maryvale

standalone

Cambooya foreground and Toowoomba way back

standalone

House and crop patterns

standalone

standalone

YDAY

standalone

Private Airfield...nice hanger

standalone

Hey pudHaven't had a lot to do with polycarbonate how do you go about releiving stress in it? with heat?

Cheers

bacon

Sorry for the late reply Bacon, this one slipped through somehow!

I just remove the very small saw tooth score marks on the cut edge with sand paper or a very fine file - same with drill holes. This minimises the chance of cracks forming in the polycarbonate. There are various websites out there with information on working polycarbonate so give it a Google and see what comes up.

Cheers,

Pud

• 3 weeks later...
Great video Tex, love that hanger walk at the end... see folks that's what you get out west... 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I think it was 14 Aircraft in there Tomo 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

Excellent presentation Tex . You guys in S.E. Qld really seem to have it all.Bob

We do 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif unfortunately lots of rain the East side of the range in recent times bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Goodonya Tex, Nice Video and good choice of backing song, well done!

I`ll give you 9 out of 10 for almost holding your shadow on the center line, in the early part of the Video and 12 out of 10 for your landing.

Cheers,

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

THANKS FRANK! 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

I only put the good ones on video 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif I like to try and straddle the deep grooves on the runway (which you just can make out in the video) centre line puts both wheels in them (that's my excuse at least poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif) shocking condition on the strip there really, nothing a Drifter won't handle, though some of the peaks in the warped bitumen must sit up 100mm or so blink.gif.7ee21b69ed31ab2b1903acc52ec4cc3f.gif

Guest nunans

Yesterday I saw (what I think was) a yellow drifter flying over Oberon at 4:30 in the afternoon. I don't know of anybody local who flies one but it can't of come from too far away I suppose, I'd love to see one up close or maybe even fly a drifter one day so I'm wondering who was flying this local one?

Does anybody know of a yellow drifter in the blue mountans/central west NSW?

Yesterday I saw (what I think was) a yellow drifter flying over Oberon at 4:30 in the afternoon. I don't know of anybody local who flies one but it can't of come from too far away I suppose, I'd love to see one up close or maybe even fly a drifter one day so I'm wondering who was flying this local one?r seen a drifterDoes anybody know of a yellow drifter in the blue mountans/central west NSW?

Nope never seen a drifter around these parts (unfortunately). Did a couple of hours in one in QLD in the late 90s seem a real nice machine to fly!

Guest nunans

After looking at lots of pics I think it may have even been a thruster, (my eyes aren't that great) Does the RA-Aus make available for members any information about other registrations in your area so you might be able to get in touch with like minded aviators? I know the VH register is open and on the net where you can get all sorts of info about what aircaft people own and where they live etc, but i'm happy that's not the case with RA rego's or the council owned aerodromes would be charging all us ultralighters the types of fees the VH owners are charged for using the aerodromes. That's something we don't need.