Tex

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my 1994 vintage Drifter. After I bought two new Flycom Helmets costing about the same as the airframe, I started taking passengers.

Inverted 582 visible in this shot. Intercom is not connected to the electrical system. Rear passenger has an instrument panel. Two 30 liter plastic fuel tanks with mirror on right main gear strut. Engine shutdown switch under front rear seatbelt anchor.

Its austere instrument panel. Compass was bought from Ebay for $2.50 including shipment. The For/Steer table reads: For 090 Steer 270 and so on.

One of my lady friends with whom I shared a flight.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Tex this is my latest rebuild this one l am keeping[ATTACH=full]15603[/ATTACH]

Hi Skyfox.

Where about's in Gippsland are you based? The location looks very familiar. I grew up flying in Gippsland.

Kind regards,

Emah

Hi Emah

You no who l am l fly with your dad you bought my old drifter small world isn't it .

you should know exactly where l am .

cheers Geoff.

• Like 1

Hi EmahYou no who l am l fly with your dad you bought my old drifter small world isn't it .

you should know exactly where l am .

cheers Geoff.

Hey Geoff!

I had a feeling it was you. I could recognise that airstrip from anywhere!

Im back in August, it would be great to catch up and see the photos of the drifter when you first got it.

Im hoping to take it for a spin, so excited! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif you will have to come out to Neerim when your free.

Hopefully catch up some time,

Take care,

Emah

Hi Emah

It will be good to see you again its been quite awhile we will go for a fly together the strip not hard to find now with all the hail net over the orchard can see it for miles now cant get lost with 80 hectares under net .will see you in August.

cheers for now Geoff..

• Like 1

Hi Emah. Your dad has been showing a lot of interest in paragliding and he says you are keen too. I have some leave in August and plan to be doing a bit of paragliding.

Laurie

• Like 1

Hi Laurie

We will have to catch up as well one day l have a powered chute l want to learn in and do so paragliding also me and Rob have been talking about it lately .

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Emah. Your dad has been showing a lot of interest in paragliding and he says you are keen too. I have some leave in August and plan to be doing a bit of paragliding.Laurie

Hi Laurie,

That would be amazing to come along and check out the paragliding side of things. I have only had one flight in a paraglider before, but am very keen to get my licence. Apparently Manilla is the place to go for a week or so, and be able to return with a licence.

Where do you go paragliding in Vic? I just arrived from NSW the other day, so would be keen to plan a catch up, with yourself, Geoff, and Dad, for a day of flying. :rotary:

Emah.

• 1 month later...
[ATTACH=full]23365[/ATTACH] Finally.....a trial rig today

Got my rego yesterday, first test flight and shakedown this morning. Overall successful, with a couple of minor tweaks to be made. Climb out much better with 80hp.

• Like 1

M61A1 got a close up of the motor on your Drifter love to see it, also what type, cant make it out it the picture

It's an early Verner SVS1400. I had it in a Drifter I bought years ago. I kept the engine, and got hold of th original engineering order, and stuck it in this airframe, which I've spent 18 months of my spare time rebuilding.

• Like 2