Drifter Pics

Tex

Guest Maj Millard

dazza, Waynes' the type of guy who just stays busy most of the time. Like most of us, he has to keep the wolfs from the door also. Your not that far from him, it would be well worth catching up with him at Lismore airport, where he did have a hangar (assuming he still does.) Give him a call, he's friendly and I'm sure he'll make time for you. Hell, he might even throw you in a Drifter for a ride, which I guarantee will be worth the drive !.............top bloke, well worth saying Hi if you can..................Maj...

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH=full]15820[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]15819[/ATTACH]Wayne worked for the Austflight factory originally so he knows them back to front. Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Wayne probably built my Drifter.

Austflight delivered it to me by trailer and as far as I know, for quite a few years, I was the only one instructing in a Drifter, north of Boonah.

I`m disappointed that no one has taken my place, after I retired, so that instructing in the Drifter could continue in the Cairns area.

There`s a spot to fill for any instructor who would like to live in the Cairns area and instruct in the Drifter.

Frank

dazza, Waynes' the type of guy who just stays busy most of the time. Like most of us, he has to keep the wolfs from the door also. Your not that far from him, it would be well worth catching up with him at Lismore airport, where he did have a hangar (assuming he still does.) Give him a call, he's friendly and I'm sure he'll make time for you. Hell, he might even throw you in a Drifter for a ride, which I guarantee will be worth the drive !.............top bloke, well worth saying Hi if you can..................Maj...

Ross, I have over the last couple of years have thought about seeing Wayne as he is only just over a hour from home.I have not yet, because if I saw him,I would want to buy a drifter as soon as I saw him.Hopefully the economy picks up next year, and it may be on the cards. I have a real soft spot for Drifters my first ever solo in a aircraft was in a XP503.010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

[ATTACH=full]15885[/ATTACH]Haven't seen many pictures lately. Here is one of mine leaving Tumut after my BFR.

Stone the crows, Holy mackeral, fried fish and cocoa don't say we are running out of DRIFTERS!!!037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

(Just Guernsey expressions)

Alan.

Do not do this with a standard Drifter, or even one of his specials. Waynes' aerobatic machine is specially modified, and Wayne is an aerobatic trained pilot........

...And it just happens to be registered VH experimental to be legally able to do aeros. Wayne is a really interesting fun guy to meet. Been around a long time.

Guest Maj Millard

Looks good Justin !.......I was looking at the nose hatch on top of pod, I put a hinge down one side of mine with just the two fasteners on the other . Found it more convienient to use than taking it off all the time, and of course only two fasteneres to worry about instead of four.....Love the aircraft name by the way, great movie !...There was a plane at the reno Air races called 'Airbiscuit'..............................Cheers Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• 2 weeks later...

There is simply not enough Drifter pics being posted...

Bush Jack

standalone

standalone

Here is a free tip everyone should reflect upon: DON'T KICK COMBINE HARVESTERS!

standalone

Nice work, looks like you negotiated Smokey's strip, first time in there is a little interesting! Yes I would also recommend not kicking spindles, but it's more so when it's running people use their foot to unjam a stick or something and they get pulled through.

I gotta get out more and do some flying!

Nice work, looks like you negotiated Smokey's strip, first time in there is a little interesting!

Bugger that Tomo, I let him fly it in there!!!... you blokes can have that strip all to yourselves drive.gif.1181dd90fe7c8032bdf2550324f37d56.gif

Nice pressie! I use a program called 'Format Factory' (free) to convert the mp4's to AVI files and then I just use Windows Movie Maker and add music in there as well. You can use Format Factory to change music files as well if you need to. I have tried Pinnacle Studio but it kept crashing on me... whatever you use make sure you SAVE YOUR PROJECT REGULARLY! They all crash some time or another usually when you are just about finished... 078_pc_revenge.gif.92f2d38a0e662b2e0b6cba4dc0ba5c35.gif