Hangar for drifter around dalby?

bacon

Hi guys

I've noticed theres a few guys on here from around dalby and was hoping you could help me out. Im just finishing my licence with bob at avid aviation and im looking at buying my own drifter only problem is there is no spare hanagared at dalby aerodrome that I know of. So im wondering if any of you know of a space in a hangar at the aerodrome or even on private property outside of dalby that would be intersted in renting out some space. Or even if someone else is having the same problem that would be interested in spilting the costs of building a small hangar since there is council land set aside at aerodrome for just that reason. thanks in adavance for anyone that may be able to help

Cheers

Bacon

Dont think im gunna have any luck with a spare hangar space. Ive talked to punkinhead covers about a full cover for a drifter they can make one out of uv resitant material that should protect the dacron from fading and perishing in the sun. Just wondering if anyone has kept a drifter out in the weather for a period of time or think i would be able to with this cover??

thanks

bacon

G'day Bacon!! (making my mouth water at just the thought! 060_popcorn.gif.cda9a479d23ee038be1a27e83eb99342.gif)

Hangarage is pretty sparse indeed around Dalby, unless you are good mates with someone with a shed or two... I can't help you with knowing about keeping things outdoors, I would more worry about storms wanting to pull the wings off the aeroplane than the sun, though both are just as damaging I suppose.

I've probably met you before, I'm not sure, but in any case I hope you're enjoying the Drifter! They are a great little aircraft 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hey tomo

Dont think I have met you yet but bob has mentioned your name a few times. Just finished my licence this arvo with him actually very good feeling now for some fun flying then onto the cross country. Its a bit of a pain the hangar shortage, yeah i was thinking that the wind may be a problem have to do a bit more research i think. Went to kilcoy airstrip today to look at a drifter there for sale for a small town with a grass strip they have a awesome amount of hangars there, very jealous of them airstrip is right along side of somerset dam and everthing. They are great fun to fly the drifters done ten hrs in a tecnam before starting with bob and the drifter is so much more fun!! hope to meet ya out at the strip some time.

Bacon

Awesome stuff, yeah Kilcoy is a great spot, I was looking at buying some land over there somewhere, but the prices are ridiculous, obviously people are realising it's potential, well the real-estate people are anyway...

Congratulations on the certificate too, quite an achievement isn't it! I don't think I've lost my drifter smile yet! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif Bob can't help himself, he seems to tell everyone about me! 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif Anyway, a good way to get to know lots of people! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I do not think it is a good idea to leave a Drifter out in the elements at all. Definitely try and find a hangar.

I had my Drifter for sale but I think I've changed my mind. I love her too much!!!drifter.jpg.07f7cf17f1343743a459a6d722295886.jpg

You could try Selwyn out at Tara... he has about 14 aircraft out there now in his hanger, so may not fit many more in, but could be worth checking. PM me for his number, or ask Smokey (Bob), for it. I can't imagine him having the room... but he's not a bad guy to know anyway... 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

If the hangar is strong enough (and high enough) you can sling a Drifter up in the space above the other aircraft because Drifters are light enough. You just have to design a lift attach point. That may be an option for someone if you are prepared to pay the cost of the gantry provided the hangar structure will cope.

Yes I have 5 planes in there and I have room for 3 more. The best thing about the hangar space is that you do not have to move or touch any other plane to get yours out. There are large doors on all four sides of the hangar. There is ten thousand gallons of rain water in tanks at the hangar and power. Toilet facilities are available at the hangar. With a well manicured 800 metre grass strip. Please feel free to come and have a look.

All this for $165 per calendar month. Approx. 15 minutes drive south of Toowoomba.

Kind regards, Daniel

• Like 1

Yes I have 5 planes in there and I have room for 3 more. The best thing about the hangar space is that you do not have to move or touch any other plane to get yours out. There are large doors on all four sides of the hangar. There is ten thousand gallons of rain water in tanks at the hangar and power. Toilet facilities are available at the hangar. With a well manicured 800 metre grass strip. Please feel free to come and have a look.All this for $165 per calendar month. Approx. 15 minutes drive south of Toowoomba.

Kind regards, Daniel

Hey daniel

Im just working on a few other options at moment but that sounds like a sweet deal!! If i cant work something else out i will definetly be in contact with you

Cheers

Bacon

Yes I have 5 planes in there and I have room for 3 more. The best thing about the hangar space is that you do not have to move or touch any other plane to get yours out. There are large doors on all four sides of the hangar. There is ten thousand gallons of rain water in tanks at the hangar and power. Toilet facilities are available at the hangar. With a well manicured 800 metre grass strip. Please feel free to come and have a look.All this for $165 per calendar month. Approx. 15 minutes drive south of Toowoomba.

Kind regards, Daniel

Hey daniel

I interested in coming to look at your hangar and strip Ive sent you a pm not sure if you got it

Cheers

Bacon

• 2 weeks later...

Bacon, there may be a spare spot in the hanger I rent at Dalby. Theres a few planes in there but some may be going. I'll find out for you. Send me a PM with your number. It's a great hanger in a great spot with everything you need. I'll enquire with the owner.

Bacon, there may be a spare spot in the hanger I rent at Dalby. Theres a few planes in there but some may be going. I'll find out for you. Send me a PM with your number. It's a great hanger in a great spot with everything you need. I'll enquire with the owner.

hey refly

pm sent

cheers bacon

If the hangar is strong enough (and high enough) you can sling a Drifter up in the space above the other aircraft because Drifters are light enough. You just have to design a lift attach point. That may be an option for someone if you are prepared to pay the cost of the gantry provided the hangar structure will cope.

Thats already been done in dalby..

thats the one with the R44 in it.. be perfect for a drifter