Recreational Flying Member Fly-In?

Guest bateo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David C
Ian,

I realise Port Mac is an RPT airport but from my experience the guys there are pretty relaxed about ASICs.

Paul

This is the bit the worries me ...How relaxed are they re ASICs ?. As a non holder with my wife , would we have access to the aircraft park and more importantly access to meet my mates , apart from the other side of a chain link fence that is ! ..

Ian ... could you possibly find out from the Aero Club people how "relaxed " the ASIC police are up there , as this will decide whether we make the trip or not ??..I know you are flat out organising this event for us , and I apologise for putting pressure on you ..

I have been told that it will not be a problem as we will be far away from the Terminal and RPT activities plus the club as said there will always be ASIC holders there helping out.

Guest David C

Thanks for that Ian .... I will put in my leave request today at work and see what happens .. Keeping fingers crossed ;)

Dave - may I suggest you don't put your leave request in today as I am thinking about the dates with the comments that have been made so far - I may have a poll later today to see what dates would be the preference in June/July instead of the Queens Birthday weekend

Ian,

I like the idea of Port and will make every effort to take part no matter what date is settled on. My plan would be to fly so attendance will be hindered only by weather. Gwen and I expect to be flying into the Port area late May/early June for other reasons, but always happy to find reason to take another flight, esp north during the colder months ;).

I'm watching developments with interest.

Paul

Guest David C
Dave - may I suggest you don't put your leave request in today as I am thinking about the dates with the comments that have been made so far

Ian .... Ok I'll wait and see ..

Just spoken to Camden Haven and everything looks good to have our first one there as an option to Port Mac on the weekend of 23/24th June - looks a beautiful spot and apparently they just had a big flyin last week of parachutists.

Under wing camping, a couple of on-site cabins, barbecues, fishing, beautiful strip and surroundings - a real retreat

Guest Emma Masters
a couple of on-site cabins

GREAT IAN,

Please when you have decided on this and the dates please let me know how we can book a cabin, phone number etc...

Thanks, we'll be there :big_grin:

Port sounds good as a venue if the ASIC problem doesn't happen, but I am committed to Raglan on that weekend.

I picked up a flyer the other day and it will be much as usual at raglan. Casey Watt and band on Saturday evening and airshow on Sunday 12 till 2pm.

Port sounds good as a venue if the ASIC problem doesn't happen, but I am committed to Raglan on that weekend.I picked up a flyer the other day and it will be much as usual at raglan. Casey Watt and band on Saturday evening and airshow on Sunday 12 till 2pm.

Ian, we are now talking 23-24 June in large part because of Raglan.

Where did you get the flyer? I planning on going and would love to see it. Perhaps a scan and post? Please?

Long weekend would be good so as not to have to take any leave !! I would vote for Camden Haven, have always wanted to fly in there !! More info is available on their website http://www.skycam.com.au/YCMH/

Having checked out the Camden Haven website, I have to say it looks very good; all the facilities a travelling aviator could want... and more.. ;)

slartibartfast. I have scanned the flyer which I have only in B & W but have to work out how to get it into the forum. It is a pdf file at the moment. Not been succesful yet and am still trying. I can post the details from the flyer here for anyone or email them individually to whoever wants them so long as the number is not too great as i will have to type them in.

Guest Fred Bear

I'd say we will be going too, although by road. Ian, could you PM Emma or myself some details of the cabins as we will need these for the kids.Ta.

slartibartfast. I have scanned the flyer which I have only in B & W but have to work out how to get it into the forum. It is a pdf file at the moment. Not been succesful yet and am still trying. I can post the details from the flyer here for anyone or email them individually to whoever wants them so long as the number is not too great as i will have to type them in.

Thanks bulk Ian. Have sent email.

Ross